df9.9 will not rev up in gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• df9.9 will not rev up in gear

I recently bought a df9.9 used. It runs great except it feels like it will not rev up in gear. I have had it on the water many, many times. It always starts with one pull, runs and idles great. While I do not rev it up in neutral, when in gear it feels like it should rev up a lot more. I do not have a tach but I have built a few small block chevy's and can tell when and engine is at high rpm vs middle of the road. When in gear, once I roll the throttle slightly passed the "choke" position for starting, the engine does not rev up any further. In other words, 1/2 throttle and full throttle are the same; there is not change in rpm.

I know that there is an over-revolution caution system and I am wondering if possibly something is preventing it from turning off or resetting. There are no warning lights on while operating the motor. Other than it feeling like it should have a lot more rpm left, it runs great!

That is hard to tell from a distance. The motor / prop combination for your boat can be wrong. These motors are almost bullet proof. Only fuel hoses are known to crack and starter relays fail.
    Regards, Martin
    DF200 2007

Comment

Working...
    X