X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engines keep shutting down

Hi all,
    I seem to have a big problem that No one I know can fix
    The problem manifests itself at slow manoeuvring speeds engines at idle possibly the first thing is both suzuki rev counter trim ext dials (mnea 2000) go off then back on sometimes leaving the engines running but unable to engage gear sometimes shutting the engines off. Disconnecting the battery isolators and reconnecting, used to fix the problem The problem got worse and worse until it now will not start. I have disconnected most if not all connectors sprayed and reconnected to no avail. Now I have no life in the suzuki dials
    The engines are a pair of 2007 df300 s with suzuki electronic fly by wire throttles dials are 2 suzuki 4' the boat is a cobra rib nothing other than 2 engines and 2 dials 2 terminators and power in are on nmea
    All assistance will be gladly received
    Chris

It sounds very much like electrical issues. The engine harness, and the white wire connections is where I would start looking. You may need to pull the harness out completely and check it all over for wiring that has rubbed thru or concealed joins that have failed/become corroded.

Have a read of the sticky thread at the top of this forum about the Suzuki white wire. Lots of great info there about the harness and the white wire connection.

It is less likely, but I guess theoretically possible, that it may be something to do with the network/gauges. Simple to test this theory - just disconnect the engine interface cables from their network T’s, and then try starting the engines. You wont have operational gauges, but that isnt important for a short test and they are not necessary to enable the engines to start and run. If it makes no difference then the problem is elsewhere.

Comment

Cheers moonlighter the White Wire we found it had broken on the main under the boat front to back loom all other wires on that loom are OK and we fixed that wire
      We are now getting a port P engine 7-5 communication error and that engin will not start starboard S is fine.
      When the twin engin single station cable is switched port to starboard and starboard to port the the same port 7-5 code apeers BUT the P start button starts the P engin and the P throttle controls it but nothing from the S side. Do you moonlighter or anyone else under stand, why this problem is acuring?
      is the problem with the port side of the twin engin single station splitter cable?

Comment

No idea. Hopefully someone else will chime in.

Comment

sounds like you still have a broken wire on the P loom if you swap from P to S and the have the same problem now in the S engine
          double check the white wire for power and
          the the back side of the wire connector that ron's back to the engine - check the gray wire
          if it is not starting or do not hear the high pressure pump when you turn the key then the ECM is not being powered up
          Art

Comment

I will listen for the high pressure pump on Monday or Tuesday I will be trying to get another twin engine single station cable ASAP (the part of the loom that has port and starboard) the one on at the moment is new on loan from suzuki head office through my local dealer. My old one that I thought was faulty Is BROKEN I've tried to use it I don't understand how the NMEA gauges always say port 7-5 when port starboard swapped but port engine runs connected to starboard loom but port throttle and start /stop control it

Comment

I am not familiar with the fly by wire system, but I have heard that some initial configuration needs to be done using the SDS system - so maybe talk to your dealer contact about that - its possible that the changes you have made to the cabling have triggered something that needs to be addressed in the configuration??

Comment

Thank you all perticulerly moonlighter for last year's help got a new loom to replace the repaired white wire
                Boat is going in the water in the morning cheers

Comment

Working...
                X