DF140 making oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF140 making oil

This is a new to me 02 df140 300 hrs. Runs fine. fresh oil change and after 2hrs it's way over full mark. oil is clean but smells of fuel.

The 1st thing I did was pull the low pressure pump and squeezed the bulb. Initially, it dripped fuel for sure but stopped. I'm not sure if it was out of the piston or housing. Then it stopped, I could not get it to drip again. Side note, while doing this my primer bulb started to leak fuel in my hand so it needs to be changed.

ideas on this?

I had fuel in the oil-- Thermostat was broken- Running cold & unburned fuel was getting past rings & entering oil sump

Comment

Honda service bltn

Comment

I pulled the VST vent line and it dripped fuel. I started the engine and fuel was steady dripping.

Comment

Shores
          this usually happens when the float in the VST is out of adjustment. It doesn't close off the fuel
          Last edited by artdf175; 09-01-2019, 04:40 PM. Reason: edit

Comment

I'm stumped. The tank is clean the seat/needle is clean. filter is clean. I blow air back through the fuel line into the tank while closing the float and it stops air easily.

Can the low pressure pump go bad and overload the seat?

Withing 2 min of the engine running fuel will run out of the overflow/vent line.

Comment

I took it apart, all seems fine. Took it down to my suzuki deale and the tech looked it over. Said it looked fine. he removed the float seat and needle, looked good. Moves freely no binding. I blew air back through the fuel line and closed the seat, air stopped easily. Figures whatever was wrong worked itself out. I put it back together and on the boat, same thing. Withing 2min fuel is dripping out the vent line.

wtf?

I'm out of ideas at the moment.

Pulling this thing is not fun.

Comment

with fuel coming from the overfill tube it would not be the low pressure pump

when you tested it and it was flowing freely- where was the position of the float valve when it closed off?
                so when you put it back together - seems the float is sticking or it is moving past level
                check it again to make sure it is correctly seated as if I remember right there a couple of parts that might move during assembly
                and look to be sure there isn't anything obstructing it's free movement

Art

Comment

Working...
                X