Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF350 less RPM's after break in

Hey everyone,

I have a DF350 that i installed in June on a 23' seacraft. I followed the break in procedure per the manual and did the first maintenance at 20 hours with no issues. the boat was getting 59 mph at 6300 RPMs WOT with a half tank of fuel and minimal gear. Im at 85 hours now and the last 30-40 hours have been offshore fishing with a pretty heavy load but I noticed reduced fuel efficiency at cruise the last couple of trips. I ran the boat with a light load on the lake and can now only get 6000 RPM's WOT and cruise is about 200-300 RPM's higher. All variables with the boat were the same as before and i also ran new 93 octane fuel from an aux tank to rule out fuel. I do not recall hitting anything with the props and both look brand new. I will check for fishing line on the prop shaft but I'm not sure this would cause 300 RPM difference. I will be taking it in for service at 100 hours soon but wanted to see if anyone had any ideas before its due.

I know this is an old post but I had the same issue at about 20 hours and changing the plugs fixed the problem. Interestingly at about 400 hours the engines loosened up and I picked up 100 rpms and a little better economy. 640hours on them now.

Comment

Working...
    X