DF300 Shift Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF300 Shift Problem

I have triple 2016 DF300s with 500 hours and have been experiencing shifting problems on all three engines since April. First the port engine gave a "shift position disagreement" error. Eventually I figured out the "shift fork" through the lower engine plate was beginning to corrode and expand. So I replaced all three shift forks not realizing that would affect the calibration of the shift position sensors. My boat is too tall to trailer so a mechanic came out and calibrated all three engines. Things went well for a couple of weeks then the starboard engine started with the "shift position disagreement" error. Three weeks later the neutral position switch was replaced on all three engines and the starboard engine was calibrated again. Then the error moved to the center engine and the mechanic diagnosed a bad shift motor which he replaced a couple of weeks later. That didn't correct the problem and a new engine wiring harness was ordered and installed. When we test ran the boat with the new wiring harness the starboard engine alarmed on the neutral position switch when backing the boat into the stall. I fiddled with it yesterday, cleared the alarm, and took the boat out for a test run. Now all three engines are either alarming or the check engine light flashes on one or more every couple of times I shift from either gear into neutral or from neutral into either gear. This has been going on for six months and has seriously hampered my fishing activity. Any help is appreciated.

Did you ever solve this problem? I’m having the same issue, I have only one 2017 300hp. It just started happening.

Comment

Working...
    X