Suzuki DF200SS questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF200SS questions

Hi all, I have a 2018 Suzuki DF200SS on a Falcon bass boat (I understand these are the same as the DF200A, just with a matte finish. My manual is a DF200A manual).

So far motor has been great, with one exception. As I was breaking it in I heard the 3 beep engine stall warning and the motor shut off. I wondered if it was a weird voltage or battery issue, since my fish finder also went haywire. I reset the battery switch, turned everything back on, and the started the motor again. No issue since then. Was wondering if any of you guys ever encountered this. I am using an AGM battery, and I heard Suzuki doesn't recommend those.

Another potentially serious issue is that my kill switch didn't kill the motor in neutral. I haven't tested the killswitch yet when the motor is in gear, but I was just sitting in the water with the lever in neutral when I pulled the lanyard, and nothing happened. Is that normal behavior? Or do I need to go to the dealer. An easy test would be to go out and pull the switch in gear, but I figured I'd ask you guys as well.

the kill switch should work and turn off the engine when pulled regardless of it in neutral or in gear
    you either have a bad kill switch or it was not wired correctly
    it may also be hanging up and not closing all the way
    after removing the lanyard - try pushing the button end in further
    If it will not kill the engine the easiest fix maybe to just replace the switch.
    Art

Comment

I had 1 "Low Voltage" issue while breaking in my 140A a Beep and Stall. With Lead Acid battery. I shut everything off, restarted it, idled for a few minutes, and went on my way. That was around 100 hours ago, nothing since.

AGM Batteries require a Higher Voltage Charging like 14.1, 14.2V, might be why Suzuki doesn't recommend them. I know my 12V Solar Shed system doesn't like charging AGM maxed at 14.1V, the same Panels on the Cabin with Lead Acid, has no problem topping off.

Comment

Working...
      X