Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Upgrading to a stainless steel Propeller/ Query re millimetrical inclement on OB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Upgrading to a stainless steel Propeller/ Query re millimetrical inclement on OB

Currently using an aluminium prop 3 x 14 x 19. No issues. Wish to upgrade to a stainless steel one would it have to have same measurements or? If not what dimensions do you recommend?
    Also i noticed that outboard was rigged with a few millimeters ( 5/7) of inclement to port side. While smoking a fag and having a cup of tea at garage noticed that OB is very slightly inclined to one side. As boat is jacked i imagined that is the reason,but while examining it carefully and took the measurements i noticed that there is a very slight inclement to one side. As stated not more than 7 mm. Would this issue is a reason for concern? As i bought this new OB from a certified dealer what should i do? Holes on new boat were also done by the man that rigged the OB. What are your Views?
    Appreciate your kind help.

I would suggest you take it back to the dealer and explain very firmly that you are not satisfied with either the engine height or the engine straightness. And that you want them both to be fixed at the same time.

The 3 x 14 x 20 Suzuki stainless prop would most likely be a good choice if you change from alloy. This is a very popular prop on this horsepower engine, but of course that depends on the boat and engine installation.

But get the engine height and alignment fixed first, before changing props.

Again, a good dealer should help you by exchanging props so you get the right one to suit.
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 10-12-2019, 03:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
      I would suggest you take it back to the dealer and explain very firmly that you are not satisfied with either the engine height or the engine straightness. And that you want them both to be fixed at the same time.

The 3 x 14 x 20 Suzuki stainless prop would most likely be a good choice if you change from alloy. This is a very popular prop on this horsepower engine, but of course that depends on the boat and engine installation.

But get the engine height and alignment fixed first, before changing props.

Again, a good dealer should help you by exchanging props so you get the right one to suit.
      Thanks Moonlighter. I already complained with engine height and he confirmed that it is installed correctly. It seems that we are not getting into a compromise because he stayed with his idea that it is ok. i took some photos of the other boats same make with same OB rigged with different engine heights in order to confront him with the photos. But mine is the lowest of the 4. Maybe im the black sheep then.
      Re alignment do you think it Would compromise the OB? As said only few mms and maybe im overthinking about it but as i paid good money i expected better service. In order to arrange alignment i think a modification on the holes of the transom need to be done. Dont like the idea of drilling more holes on a new transoms boat. All this to my own expense . Not fair.

Comment

It is up to you to address this with the dealer. We cannot help more.

I would personally do the on water tests as detailed in the sticky thread on engine height, and take photos showing the anti-ventilation plate when the boat is running at cruise speed. If the plate is proven to be deep under water, these photos will counter the dealer’s argument about the engine being correct height and provide proof that it needs to be changed.

If he still wont help, talk to Suzuki head office in your country and complain!!

You could also talk to the boat manufacturer and ask if they have a recommended engine bolt height for Suzuki engines on their boat of the same model. Some may have already tested this to help dealers set the motor up correctly.

Lastly, you could just go ahead and lift the engine height yourself. It is not very difficult. That is what I would do.

I think that the engine alignment can likely be fixed without drilling new holes, there should be enough scope to loosen the bolts, and push the engine to the side until it is straight then tighten the bolts again. This can be done at the same time the engine height is changed. And at the same time you can install the metal backing plate or large stainless steel washers inside the transom to spread the load on the bolts.

Comment

Thanks again a lot Moolighter for all the help i always found from your side. You are the best.

Comment

Working...
          X