DF115 Wont Start And Stay Running

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF115 Wont Start And Stay Running

DF115 (2012, 217 hrs) . Shut off starboard motor yesterday waiting my turn at ramp, now won’t start. Motor turns over, does the initial fire-up for 3-4 seconds and then shuts down. Fuses checked: PPT SW, fuel pump, ignition coil, injector, ECM and IAC, all good. Good spark on all cylinders, low pressure and high-pressure pumps working. Squirted starting fluid into air box, same results, initial fire for a few seconds then dies. Swapped ignition harness (dual engine switch panel), same results, initial start then dies.

Swapped out IAC valve, no changes. Then removed IAC from manifold, motor started and continued to run.
    Reinstalled IAC, disconnected throttle cable and inserted .032 safety wire to barely hold throttle body plate open. Result; started fine and continued to run with no issues. As expected, did not get the initial high RPM and down to idle.

Suspect faulty throttle position sensor on throttle body.

Any ideas?

I'm having basically the same problem. I unplugged my IAC and no change. I had an old IAC that I hooked the plug to and I can see that its getting power and works fine..I hope someone responds with a good fix..

Comment

Working...
    X