Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 DF200SS (DF200A) questions, (searched internet and read manual)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 DF200SS (DF200A) questions, (searched internet and read manual)

Hi guys,

I got my DF200SS about a month ago and so far it's been great. Noticed a few issues though after I got it from the dealer which I couldn't find in the owner's manual

The C10 gauge seems to show incorrect water pressure. Something like 0.19-0.24 psi. I've read that some Suzuki outboards don't send water pressure readings to the NMEA network, and you have to install a water pressure sensor. Is this the case for my motor?

I'm not too concerned about this as my engine has never overheated, which brings me to my next question. What is the temperature operating range for this engine? I never really go above 135 and most of the time it's running in the high 120s, even when pushed.

The final issue I have is that the emergency stop switch is not working. Obviously this is the most important issue. I unscrewed the boat panel and took a peek. I saw that the killswitch was connected to a black and a grey/black wire. This confuses the crap out of me, because the wiring diagram says that the two black wires from the switch should be wired to the green and black ground wire. Is this correct? What is the grey/black wire? Two options:

1) I'm missing something important and I have a faulty kill switch or wiring
    2) The dealer messed up and confused "G" (Green) with "Gr" (Gray) and wired it wrong. There is no black/grey wire in the Suzuki manual. There IS a Grey/Blck wire in the boat manual for the anchor light...which funnily enough works

This is a very curious situation and I'm tempted to just drop it off at a dealer to fix it, but a suzuki dealer isn't responsible for knowing the boat wiring system. I'll try and go back tomorrow to inspect it some more.
Working...
X