2007 DF200 Water Pump Replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 DF200 Water Pump Replacement

Water pump needs to be replaced and not sure it's ever been done. I bought the boat last year with no service history which usually means there was none. It has no reached 200 hrs.

Do I need to worry about seized bolts etc.?

Do most folks replace the "cup" when replacing the impeller?

Does the kit have everything needed (except cup) or should I also order the water pump "tube" etc??

Never done one before but I'm fixin to get busy.

since I don't see any other input
    I think you can always run across bolts that may have some corrosion, especially if you use engine in salt water
    just be prepared for it
    I am not familiar with your term: cup

the kit, if you look it up the parts page at the top of screen, is the impeller, back plate and several gaskets
    would not think you would replace the tube, unless upon inspection you find something out of order..

when you order the kit, order yourself the full service manual
    besides the blow by blow on fixing different parts there is much general information contained on our engines.

Art

Comment

The kits used to come with the cup (sleeve is the terminology in the parts list). I would replace the sleeve, too.
      Mike
      μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thanks. I'll order the sleeve also. Using my hillbilly terminology-cup.

Comment

I replaced mine back in November. Previous owner had replaced the entire kit in August so I only replaced impeller.

You may be wondering why I replaced in November since it had just been replaced? Here's story: I purchased boat in October and like every proud new owner I wanted only the best for my new ride. I had an old set of round earmuffs but figured I would get a fancy new rectangular ones for the new boat. Hook them up, turn on water, crank engine. High temp alarm in a matter of seconds. Shut it down and wonder, 'what the heck?'. Try again after cool down. Notice no tell tale. Shut it down. Now I am near hysteria. Planning on going fishing the next day and this is happening to my new to me boat!

I decide to try the old earmuffs, start it up, good tell tale, no alarms, everything is fine. Search THT and find out this happens a lot with the rectangular earmuffs. You have to squeeze the arms to make them fit tighter.

Well, having no idea how much the impeller had been damaged, I decided to take it down and replace. Actually looked pretty good but I was not taking any chances.
          I would suggest getting a friend to help. I have the service manual on CD. Pay attention to the orientation of the splines, AND DON"T FORGET THE WOODRUFF KEY.
          Last edited by Striperk9; 08-18-2016, 07:56 AM.
          2005 ProKat 20 with Suzuki DF200. Tight lines and screaming drags!!

Comment

Originally posted by Striperk9 View Post
            I replaced mine back in November. Previous owner had replaced the entire kit in August so I only replaced impeller.

You may be wondering why I replaced in November since it had just been replaced? Here's story: I purchased boat in October and like every proud new owner I wanted only the best for my new ride. I had an old set of round earmuffs but figured I would get a fancy new rectangular ones for the new boat. Hook them up, turn on water, crank engine. High temp alarm in a matter of seconds. Shut it down and wonder, 'what the heck?'. Try again after cool down. Notice no tell tale. Shut it down. Now I am near hysteria. Planning on going fishing the next day and this is happening to my new to me boat!

I decide to try the old earmuffs, start it up, good tell tale, no alarms, everything is fine. Search THT and find out this happens a lot with the rectangular earmuffs. You have to squeeze the arms to make them fit tighter.

Well, having no idea how much the impeller had been damaged, I decided to take it down and replace. Actually looked pretty good but I was not taking any chances.
            I would suggest getting a friend to help. I have the service manual on CD. Pay attention to the orientation of the splines, AND DON"T FORGET THE WOODRUFF KEY.
            10-4 on those ear muffs. Most don't fit well. It's good to hear from another fellow Tarheel!!

Comment

The little oldstyle round earmuffs are now recognised as the ones to use on our Suzukis!

Comment

Working...
              X