DF250 won't start - Cranking Fuel and Spark good

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF250 won't start - Cranking Fuel and Spark good

I have recently picked up a 2004 DF 250 for a boat that is nearly ready. Just completed an overhaul of fuel filters, spark plugs and anodes etc. Finally got round to starting the outboard and just can't get it going. The Battery is new and fully charged, running new cables straight from the battery and engine will crank but not run. Have tried two other new batteries. Checked spark on each plug and all good, removed all plugs and turned over and fuel mist is coming out of all the cylinders. I have the sub battery cable connected to the white wire bullet next to the main harness connector in engine, I don't have one connected to the other end where the ignition switch harness is, would that cause an issue? The power trim switch on the control box isn't working but the one on the cowling is. Any help would be appreciated, I have two other Df 250's and have had no issues with so far.

sounds like the white wire that feeds the key switch has no power
    you may have wired around this to get engine to turn over
    read the sticky on the White Wire and see if that helps
    Art

Comment

I re-read your post again
      explain in more detail about where the power is connected to the white wire?
      I have seen this problem, I think, once before.
      you may have wired around the power to the white wire that feeds the ignition switch
      that also powers the tilt switch and more importantly the gray wire that feeds back to the ECM. no power to the ECM and nothing will work
      Art

Comment

Working...
      X