DF 225 2006 Neutral position switch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 225 2006 Neutral position switch

This could be the same for other engines but on my Suzuki df225 the neutral position sensor has a spring loaded dial type sensor and i need help installing it....does it need to be installed in a specific position? I was thinking to connect the diagnostic software to the engine to see what position the sensor is in while its not installed on the engine, move the engine in that position by the binnacle control kind of syncing the engine and sensor, and then install the sensor into the engine.
    I am just scared of installing it wrong and breaking the sensor when i move the boat lever controls because the sensor only goes so far and is spring loaded. Anyone had any experience changing these?
    By the way, this is not the neural safety switch. There are two neutral safety switches, one on the binnacle control and one on the engine. This is a neutral position sensor that tells the ECU if the engine is in reverse, neutral, or forward and is also on the engine.

bump....no one?

Comment

I replied the other day but evidently didn't connect
      Are you replacing an existing part?

If you don't have a service manual - can only suggest getting one a tremendous source of information
      In the meantime- there are free online manuals that you can access to help with the installation

Comment

ive got service manuals that came with my diagnostic software but it only mentions the sensor and doesn't tell you how to remove it and install a new one. When i connect the sensor to the harness and connect the engine to the computer using the diagnostic software, the sensor is in neutral be default but im guessing the rotating device the sensor rides on goes both directions and im worried about breaking something if installed in the wrong position.

Comment

my manual doesn't really discuss replacing the sensor just testing it
          The picture just shows it sitting in the middle of the assembly
          It would seem by removing the old sensor you will see how the new one fits

Comment

Working...
          X