DF 300 twins 2007 gauges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 300 twins 2007 gauges

Can I fit Gàffrig analogue gauges to these twins?

So anyone know where to get a digital to analogue converter

Comment

You might explain exactly what you currently have, and what you want to change/do.

Never heard of Gàffrig, have no idea what you are talking about. By the lack of responses to your post, I suspect that others are similarly confused.

Comment

No problems a SIERRA digi converter is on its way from West Marine.Sorry to hear of the suspected mass confusion. Gaffrig are one of the USAs biggest suppliers of gauges if that helps you understand the wider world on your doorstep.

Comment

Indeed.... anyway since you may not understand how Suzuki gauge systems work, the following info may be helpful.

I am guessing, since you haven’t actually told us, that you currently have the Suzuki digital gauges (probably the SMIS gauges given your engine year, they are clones of the old Lowrance LMF gauges) and you want or need to change them for analogue type gauges???

If those guesses are correct, then you don’t need a digital to analogue converter, you simply need to remove the Suzuki engine interface cables (one per engine) that converts J1939 engine data to NMEA2000 (in order for your current SMIS gauges to work when connected to a NMEA2000 network) and probably disconnect the main engine harness from the SDS plug on the engine and connect it to the analogue data connector on the ECU. Then connect the new analogue gauges to the harness behind the dash.

This all depends on how the Suzuki engine interface cables are connected in the first place, and particularly whether they are connected via a SDS adapter cable to the SDS plugs on the engine, or if the harness connection was repositioned to the SDS plug instead.
          Last edited by Moonlighter; 11-20-2019, 10:21 PM.

Comment

And of course this all still depends on whether those analogue gauges are compatible with Suzuki engines or not.

Comment

Working...
            X