C10 gauge question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C10 gauge question

Hello, first time poster. I just repowered my boat with a 2016 df 175 and it came with the c10 digital gauge. I read the owners manual that came with the gauge and its fairly easy to setup and use. I really like the ability to customize the layout on the different pages to show your engine data, etc. My question is, if I remove fuel from the boats gas tank, or if I siphon all the gas out, how can I reset the on board fuel quantity back to zero? Im not sure this is possible because I do not see this in the owners manual. Thanks.

I dont believe that it is possible to do that.

If you did remove fuel from the tank, the only practical ways I can think of to get back on track would be to

- refill the tank to full and then reset the system to full.
    - remove all the fuel from the tank, and because that would be the same known quantity as recorded by the system, put the same amount back in later.

Not really sure why you would want or need to do such a thing anyway? At least, not on any regular basis?
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 08-24-2016, 07:51 AM.

Comment

Thanks Moonlighter,

My garmin 840xs has the ability to reset fuel to any amount up to the total capacity of the fuel tank. This is handy because if there is an extended period of time where I haven't used the boat and the quality of the gas is in question, I will pump it out and then when I refuel the boat, I will input the amount added back into the tank. I don't think the c10 has this feature. I'm wondering due to the fact that the garmin and the c10 and the Suzuki wiring harness are all hooked to the nmea2000 backbone, if I can make the fuel adjustments on the garmin and it will show up on the c10. I will have to try it out on the boat when I get a chance. I will let you know if it works or not.

Comment

The fuel data from the Suzuki is held in the interface's flash memory. The C10 is merely the means to interact with that data. Like the keyboard and monitor on your computer.

Whereas the Garmin stores its own data internally. It was designed to do that when working with the Garmin fuel flow device or with other engines that dont include fuel data storage capability in their engine interfaces.

I think there is the potential to cause conflicts by doing what you've suggested, due to mixing up data sources between the Garmin and the network. But your call, let us know what happens!

Regarding removing questionable fuel (stale etc), i can see where you are coming from. But, you still havent addressed the "root cause" of the problem, which is clearly that you are failing to get out in the boat more often so the fuel doesnt get a chance to go stale!!!!

As long as you know/record how much was in the tank when you drained it, and provided you put back at least that much, the Suzuki system will be able to cope with that. Say you drain 100 litres, and put back 110 litres, you would just do the refuel process on the Simrad and input the extra 10 liters that have been added. It would only be if you added back in less than the amount drained out that you will have a problem. So that is how I would approach the issue if it was me.
        Last edited by Moonlighter; 08-25-2016, 12:28 AM.

Comment

Thanks again Moonlighter,

You are absolutely correct, there is no excuse letting my boat sit for extended times, especially since I live in south Florida.....lol.....need to play more and work less. I am hoping to use the boat this coming weekend but wouldn't you know it......we may have a tropical storm/hurricane coming so we may have to wait that out. I will report back when I have a chance to use the boat.

Comment

Working...
          X