DF250AP water from Weep hole on rear Engine Holder Cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF250AP water from Weep hole on rear Engine Holder Cover

Hi all. 2018 DF250AP. Noticed water spewing from the weep hole on the “Engine Holder Cover” yesterday.

I have a few ideas of what could be wrong but looking for any experience you may have had. I have a video but unfortunately I'm having trouble uploading it. . This part is on the rear lower midsection. It is actually where the fresh water flush is connected to.

Not sure that by "weep hole" you mean the flush port on the rear of the motor, where you connect a hose to flush the motor, but if that IS what you're referring to, it's supposed to have a plug screwed into it. The plug has a rubber gasket. Numbers 3&4 in the diagram on this link https://www.boats.net/catalog/suzuki...-holder-df250a
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Hi Mike. Thanks for your response. I learned more over the weekend. The weephole I am talking about is inside the cowling. It is actually the weephole that allows the area between the intake manifold and engine to drain. It is the area where the thermostat hoses run. Its likely I have a leak in a hose or its the gasket of water jacket cavity. Now that its diagnosed its going into the shop for the repair.

Comment

Thanks for the clarifiaction. Good luck with the repair.
        Mike
        μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Triple - i too am having a water leak inside my DF300AP but couldn't track it down and am now away from the boat. You mentioned a video, can you please send me a copy - I'd like to see if it's the same as my problem. Shoot me a PM (I couldn't send one, you have it disabled in your profile). if you can and I'll send my email address. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
          X