2017 Suzuki DF200 not running right

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2017 Suzuki DF200 not running right

I have a 2017 Suzuki DF200 on a Carolina Skiff. I was fishing the other night and when I went to run to the back of the creek I throttled up and got on plane. After about 1 min it felt like I hit something ( figured I ran over a crab pot line). I raised the motor up to find there was nothing in the wheel, so I put the motor back down and started to go again. As soon as I started to throttle up the engine started shaking and running rough. I limped it back home (shaking and running ruff off and on). The next day I went back to the boat and pulled the fuel/water separator off and drained into a clear bottle, then drained the fuel out of the fuel pump and removed the filter off the back of the motor and checked. It has only been 35 hrs since I last serviced the whole motor, still had the same symptoms. I next changed all the spark plugs, same issues. I then tried disconnecting the batteries and reconnecting, same thing. I then opened the fuel cap to make sure there wasn't a vacuum issue going on. My next guess is to buy an ignition coil and try that but I have to order one.

The motor starts right up but you can slightly hear it idling funny. When you throttle up (in neutral) it hesitates and then will idle up to about 2400 rpms before it really stats surging bad. The more you go up the worse it gets. It will do it at all rpms but will run ok for a second then surge.

Is this the right direction to go?

Rather than throw parts at it, get it connected up to the Suzuki SDS diagnostic software and that will quickly show what the issue is, or at least what it isnt.

Comment

What do you know about: Capital_auto for Suzuki Outboard Boat Marine Diagnostic USB Cable Kit SDS 8.3

This is a system that says for 1999-2018 so it should work with mine.

Comment

I think it should work fine.
        Regards, Martin
        DF200 2007

Comment

Hi,

Did you figure our what your rough idle issue was? Mine is very similar and could use some advice.

Best regards,
          Chris

Comment

Working...
          X