Cylinder Block Water Jacket Gasket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cylinder Block Water Jacket Gasket?

Flushing my 2016 DF300's, I noticed a lot of water draining from the lower cowling. Finally found the source, the Cylinder Block Water Jacket gasket appears to have blown (we can see parts of the gasket) near the top by the thermostat housings. This was after 3 long days on my trip South and the engine never missed a beat. Is this a common issue on these engines (couldn't find much searching on-line) and how big of a repair job is it? What could have caused the gasket to blow (my bigger concern)?

I found a mechanic on my route and limped into the marina for service, he'll look at it tomorrow (I hope) and figure out next steps.

Thanks.

Hi Bayhouse,

I had the same issue on my 2018 DF250.

I've got my boat in the driveway waiting on repair from a local Suzuki dealer. Since I am up here in NY I told him it's no rush since November / December is his busy season.

That said, I'm curious to learn how you made out with your issue. Was it simply the gasket?

Thanks!

Comment

Triple, fortunately yes, problem was simply the gasket. I had a slight delay, either the factory shipped the wrong gasket or the tech ordered the wrong one (Crankcase cooling jacket instead of the cylinder block jacket), I had an extra wait cycle before we could resume. He put it all back together and we were off. Made a 10hr run right after the repair, no problem. Spun a prop the next day though, arrrggghhhhh!

Comment

Have to love boats. Glad it all worked out for you. Keep in touch on any other issues. We can likely compare notes.

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
        X