DF115 Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF115 Owners

Hello, I'm new to the forum and hopeto beable to learn from others and contribute at times.

For Df115 owners, what oil filters are you using when you change the oil? I'm considering going to the Fram 4386 or NAPA **** 1396. Both show to be replacements for the Suzuki #16510-61A20MHL filter. The dealer is a bit of a drive from me, and I can easily buy these. Thanks, Steve

SUZUKI 16510-61A20-MHL - Alternative oil filters

I cannot recommend anything other than the OEM Suzuki filters. They are all ive ev used on my DF115 and DF40a.

We have seen a number of incidents here in Aus where non genuine filters havent fitted properly and as a result have spun off under pressure when engine at high revs. Thus losing all oil.

There is also a current thread on THT where there have been first hand reports of Fram and AC Delco filters suffering similar issues. One report of a Fram filter failire was from a respected THT vendor, too.

So I would be very very cautious about using them. If your engine is under warranty and a non-genuine filter lets go and the engine is damaged, good luck with any warranty claim!

The main issue we have seen here in Aus is a slightly different, hard to notice , shape in the filter body near the seal that results in the body of the filter fouling against the engine block before the rubber seal on the filter is firmly seated. So, the filter seems to be on tight, when really, it isnt properly seated at all.

It is REALLY IMPORTANT to only hand tighten new OEM Suzuki filters when you are installing them.

USA reports of Suzuki filters springing leaks cracking etc all seemed, to me, to be a direct result of the filter body being distorted or damaged by using filter wrenches and/or being tightened too much.

If you firmly hand tighten, you should never have a problem with the OEM filters.

Comment

I don't even bother buying from a dealer anymore. I buy everything here. Better prices, no tax, and usually pretty fast shipping.
      -Shawn

Comment

Working...
      X