Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki Newbie ! DF140 need some help

Hi everybody.
    Im new to the forum and I am looking for some help with flashing gage lights.
    2008 DF140. Down in the gulf coast of Texas.
    I looked at the diagnostic codes list, but it seems to be all about beeps, and not flashing gage lights.
    When I turn the key in, all four lights come on, check engine, temp, oil and rev limit and there is one long beep which is identical to my other engine.
    After the long beep, the check engine light stays on a split second longer (compared to my other engine) and then goes off, but the rev limit light flashes three times and then it goes off.
    No problems with it starting or running.
    I am quite sure I have never let it over rev, but maybe it has cavitated some where coming off a large wave and I just didn’t notice it ?
    i have already tried the reset via the kill switch and it did not have any effect.
    Batteries are hot as well.
    What could this be ?
    thanks in advance.
    Robert

Not sure what it is, but I'd start by having a dealer or someone with diagnostic equipment check for and clear any stored codes. Then see if they return.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thanks Mike
      i will probably do that soon.

Found another her problem on a little run over to the flats.
      Still getting the rev limiter flashes, but that is soon superseded by a 2-4 check engine flash that does not go away as long as the engine is running. If I shit it down and turn the key back on, it’s gone, but after I start the engine, it comes back.

Moonlighter
      what at is the difference between the two trouble code files you have posted ?
      on the first one, it shows the 2-4 trouble code would be in safe mode, but the second file says NO safe mode.
      i am guessing that SAFE MODE means restricted engine rpm’s ?

of course, I get back to dock and I can’t duplicate the trouble code !!!

Comment

What is the CMP SENSOR and where is it ?

Comment

Originally posted by ROBERT.PARSON View Post
          What is the CMP SENSOR and where is it ?
          #4 shown here https://www.boats.net/catalog/suzuki...880001/magneto
          Mike
          μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Codes will not go away until the problem is resolved, they dont have to be manually cleared in fact they cant be manually cleared.

The sticky in the top section of the forum has lists of codes.

Beeps or lights flashing are the same codes, its the sequence that tells you what the code is.

Safe mode puts the engine into restricted rpm mode. Its telling you there is a serious problem that needs to be fixed.

A service manual goes a step further and tells you what the possible causes are and how to address them.

Comment

Here is a link to a my dropbox folder to a K9 (2009 MY) service manual for the DF90-140 series. See if that helps you out. Should be very similar to a 2008.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zlj6fluwnb...email.pdf?dl=0

Comment

Thanks guys
                ill check those out shortly.

Comment

Originally posted by Harper View Post
                  Thanks Mike
                  i was looking at brownspoint marine but damn sure didn't look at the MAGNETO diagram.

Comment

Working...
                  X