Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to properly clean out the engine from bad gas

Hi all,
    I've been having some problems with high-speed momentary hesitations on my 2011 DF175. I couple of months ago I replaced my F/W separator and noticed it had a brown jelly in it but wasn't really sure what it was. After doing so, the boat's been running fine until the other day when it got really bad with the hesitations.

I decided it was bad gas and pumped out 50 gallons from my tank. TBH, it didn't look that bad and I figured I could get away with putting it in my truck. That was a bad idea, but it did confirm that I have bad gas since my truck is now doing the same thing. Lesson learned, I put some HEET in my truck and am trying to drive it out now.

I've also noticed that some of the brown jelly is back in the clear bowl, and I've been told that it's phase separation of ethanol. An internet search confirms it so I'm glad to understand this now.

The inside of my tank is pretty clean now. I have a new F/W separator on the way, and I will be gassing up with only ethanol-free gas from here on out.
    My question: what else do I need to clean out on the engine?

I have been told there's a VST but can't find the right diagrams nor a walkthrough on the internet to clean it out (or even where it is). Also, it appears that there are both high pressure and low-pressure fuel filters. Any information on what you would do to ensure this issue is resolved would be very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Matt

read this attachment re: cleaning fuel system. Also you best get a factory service manual. It will explain the system and the location of the components. All that you need to know to do this right is too lengthy to write in here.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Harper; 08-29-2016, 06:10 PM.
    Mike
    μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

Thank you, I will follow this information.

Comment

Working...
      X