Drive shaft oil seal HELP!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drive shaft oil seal HELP!!!!

I have twin 2015 200APX...put into service 3/16. I drop my lower units every winter. This year the drive shafts were really stuck. Took me about 15-20 minutes of wiggling and convincing for them to come out. There was a good amount of rust on the splines. I grease the splines EVERY year. There was a round spring that came out with each drive shaft. I have determined that the spring goes inside the drive shaft oil seal which is part of the drive shaft bearing housing. I obviously want to replace the seals. My question is do I need to remove the power head to do this or can I get at it from "below"? The engines are still under warranty. The seals are cheap. Would warranty cover the labor included in this or just the parts? Thanks for any help/advice.

If the outboard is still in warranty? I would think labor and parts should cover you? I can not think of a reason how you could void this, as in you wrecked the seals yourself?

I don't have personal experience with your engine, however the only crank shaft i ever replaced on an outboard was with the powerhead off.

Comment

Working...
    X