No announcement yet.

2015 Suzuki df20 runs rough 5 minutes (after red light turns on), dies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

jpan28 : where is the position of the Thermostats in the outboard?

Comment

jpan28 I might have the same problem with my df20A. Did this work for you?

Comment

Not yet resolved. Just haven't gotten to it. I've flushed the motor with salt away and also with vinegar. I've replaced the thermostat and the anode. Next, just for kicks, I'm going to replace the impeller. If I still have the problem after that, I'm getting a mechanic to clean out the cooling channels in the block

Comment

Hoosmatroos, I have question for you, since you seem to have experience with this problem. I have the same problem with my DF20A. I checked waterpassage to the thermostat by taking out the thermostat and its cover and then running the engine briefly. Water is pooring out at the thermostat, so my conclusion is that there is no blockage going up. Could I still have a blockage somewhere else causing the problem? By the way, I am Dutch, are you too? In Portugal at my catamaran at the moment. The Suzuki is for my dinghy which I need every day, so this problem is serious to me.

Comment

So I took off the block to have a look at the cooling channels. Everything there was pretty clean. No obstruction to see. Whilst off I soaked in vinegar one night. Then put everything back together. Problem not solved. With an infrared thermometer I measure 90 Celcius (194 Fahrenheit) at the cylinder head. Is that too hot? What is normal running temp? If it is not too hot then the cylinder temperature sensor is faulty. If it is too hot should I take off the cylinder head to check for blocked cooling channels? Do I need new head gasket then?

Comment

Here are the pics
              Attached Files

Comment

Jpan do you have any current updates with your outboard. I'm having the same issue with my DF20HP. Though mine is a 2013. I was told by a mechanic that there are only 4 codes that it could possibly give with this issue. I cant seem to get the software on the code reader to work. I have changed the thermostat out already. Please keep me posted. A mechanic i spoke to on the phone told me it could be a throttle Position sensor. Its a $300 part. Please keep me posted.

Comment

Working...
                X