Connecting Suzuki DF175 to Lowrance HDS5 Gen2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connecting Suzuki DF175 to Lowrance HDS5 Gen2

I need to have better monitoring of my engine fuel consumption and it appears that both my engine and HDS5 has the capability to do just that if I can connect them via a NEMA 2000 network. My problem is that I cannot find the engine interface cable online and when I check the part# at marine supply centers the number does not come up. Based on the literature I have been able to find all I need to do is set up a NEMA 2000 network (I plan to buy a LOWRANCE starter kit) and connect the Suzuki DF175 to the network with a Suzuki Engine Interface Cable Pt#990C0-88134. It is not clear if anything has to be done at the engine because the chart I have says that my particular engine connection can be done at the helm wiring harness. My configuration is:
    Boat: 2015 Carolina Skiff FGP2100 (Fiberglass Pontoon)
    Engine: 2015 Suzuki DF175
    Multi Function Display: LOWRANCE HDS5 Gen2

If anyone can provide a source for the engine interface cable and/or provide any advise concerning the installation I want to do it would be greatly appreciated.

Please look at the "sticky" thread at the top of this forum where I wrote a piece specifically on this issue. It includes the part numbers etc required.

Short version - yes, its pretty easy to do what you are planning.

Except - if you connect the engine interface at the harness behind the dash, you will have to change the connection between the harness and the ECU in the engine bay - and that will mean that all your analgue gauges will no longer work.

So if you want to keep your analogue gauges working, plus get all the engine data onto your HDS, ypu need to connect the interface cable to the SDS plug on the engine using an adapter cable.

Anyway all that is set out in the article in the sticky thread. Cables available from the likes of Brownspoint Suzuki and International Marine or from a couple of ebay stores. You will need the interface part number ending in -350 as it has the correct software for your 2015 engine.

Once youve read the sticky article come back with any questions and we will sort you out.

Interface cable:
    http://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc/...5-38p71395.htm

SDS adapter (enables interface cable to be connectd to engine's SDS port under the cowl):
    http://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc/...S-38p63581.htm
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 09-01-2016, 11:21 PM.

Comment

Thanks so much for your quick response and information on the parts. As a novice to this forum thing; I am having difficulty following the sticky link at the top of the post. When I click on it it just brings me back to these post that you and I have already exchanged. I assume it should take me to a previous post of yours that has more information concerning the installation we are discussing. Am I doing something wrong?

Comment

Click this link:
        http://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/s...-networks.html

Comment

Thanks

Thanks I now have all the references and information I need and as soon as my cables come in I will proceed with the installation. I will follow up with a post after it's complete. Once again thank you for your assistance.

Comment

Moonlighter will them part#s work for me. I have a 2016 115atlss Hds10 gen 2. I already have Nema 2000 running the Point1 antenna. Also will it tell me oil pressure and temp? water pressure? Not really worried about fuel consumption. Sorry to Hi Jack thread. Thank you both.

Comment

It will work for you too. Same cables.

Here is a link that tells you what data you get.

https://www.lowrance.com/Global/Lowr...Guide_3401.pdf

Also read the sticky I linked above. Includes answers to all these sorts of questions.

You will get temp. But not oil or water pressure, although I think you can add a water pressure sensor to the engine/network.

Comment

Thanks Moonlighter I really wanted water pressure and oil. I all ready have Volts on the HDS.

Comment

Does anyone know where I can get a Suzuki Engine Interface Cable Pt#990C0-88134

My hands are tied until I can get a Suzuki Engine Interface Cable Pt#990C0-88134. Help!!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X