Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2007 DF 225 Fuel in Oil, VST or Blow By?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 DF 225 Fuel in Oil, VST or Blow By?

I have a 2007 DF 225 that is running great. However, I noticed there has been a lot of oil accumulation around the throttle body and collector. I thought this was a result of blow-by. The compression is good and within a few percent of each other. Recently I have noticed after running it that the oil residue pools up at the bottom of the motor and leaks down the leg. It seems to smell like there is fuel in the oil, but the oil levels are never drastically higher. I am wondering if this is indeed blow by and some unburnt fuel/oil mix collecting and leaking down, or if this is coming from a stuck VST float filling fuel into the crank case. My concern is the amount that is collecting and dripping down the leg. That being said the motor runs great. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

What is the part that you call a leg? Are you talking about the swivel body shaft (I think that what it's called).

Comment

Yeah. The mid section of the motor. Particularly the back end of the motor around the flush port down and will collect on the top of the cavitation plate.

Comment

I'm not familiar with the layout of the 225
        but first thought is the oil filter
        a number of times the oil filter gasket isn't seated correctly and a number of problems associated with auto oil filters people can buy for less than and try to use on outboards

it's not likely the VST as it doesn't sound like you are making oil
        Art

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. I went ahead and changed the oil the other day just to check and see what it looked like. All seemed to be good. No water but definitely seemed like some fuel. I only use the Suzuki marine filters. So we will see if a new one has any impact.

Comment

Working...
          X