Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New type dedicated Zuke MF gauge fuel use inaccuracies with AP models…!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New type dedicated Zuke MF gauge fuel use inaccuracies with AP models…!

Hi all,

Interested to hear from others with larger capacity 4 cyl AP’s who have experienced/noticed errors with your fuel consumption data provided by the Zuke MF Gauge (not the older Garmin/GMI gauges). i.e. when completely refilling your tanks, or draining them, you’re actually using a lot more than the gauges say you are!

My twin 200AP’s are ‘on average’ using ~7% more fuel than the gauges are stating have been used. A mate with twin 175AP’s has them also using ~7% more than the gauges state is being used. In both instances this has been from calibration checks after 1500L or more have gone thru the tanks, and checks have been done on multiple occasions – so they are not one-off occurrences, and are consistently around the ~7%.

Some of you may think 7% is not too bad, however we are talking 2017 or newer donks, where fuel supply/consumption is extremely accurately metered (and hence monitored) by the ECU. So something is definitely wrong/out of calibration somewhere!

Both are cats – but not that that matters/will effect things – and both have completely separate fuel systems, not that that should matter either. With the new AP twin installations you cannot separate fuel use Port/Stb unfortunately, however with both of us the extra ~7% usage appears consistent from both motors/systems.

My Zuke gauge network is integrated with my Furuno N2k network, however, his Zuke gauges are stand-alone and not integrated into his Furuno network, eliminating one possible (unlikely?) source of ‘electronic incompatibility’ error I guess!

Why not just alter the gauge calibration (like you can with just about every other motor gauge)? Well unfortunately you can’t with the new Zuke MF gauges!! Yep, and therein lies the problem. Other mates with Zukes and the GMI gauges don’t have these issues/errors, so I’m guessing it’s only experienced with some model AP’s and the new style of gauges.

Anyone else noticed similar? Or any Zuke tech guru’s know how to alter the fuel use calibration in some secret hidden Menu? Or/and know how to separate fuel used between engines/systems?

Any help greatly appreciated. Pic of new style MF gauge attached.
    Cheers
    Brendon
    Attached Files
Working...
X