Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF140a Suzuki Multi-function gauge

Hi
    I have just recently put a DF140a on my boat and love it. I am how ever have some sight issues with the Gauge. Should it be showing the F-N-R in the gauge? The other and most annoying is the flow flow per hour is different to the km/l. Fuel flow at 4500rpm and traveling at 42km per hour is 20ltr/h but the km/l is showing 0.9km/l, it should be around 2km/l. I do have a garmin GSF10 flow sensor in the line, could this be causing an issue? You would think that both would be wrong if this was the problem. thanks for any help Neil

Get rid of the Garmin flow sensor. It is almost certainly causing conflicts. Totally unnecessary anyway because the engine outputs fuel flow data to the network.

Exactly which Suzuki gauge do you have? There are 3 possibilities:

1. The original round Suzuki SMIS black and white gauge that was a clone of the Lowrance LMF400
    2. The C-10 square colour gauge that is a clone of the Simrad IS35
    3. The Suzuki OEM square colour gauge that was released USA last year and has been the standard digital gauge in the rest of the world since 2015.

They all work differently.

Comment

Hi Moonlighter,
      Thanks for the response. I'm in Australia an have a new square gauge. Only 3 months old

Comment

Ok, that is the Suzuki SMG4 gauge. Number 3 mentioned in my earlier reply.

Well, get rid of that Garmin sensor from the network. I can only assume you had it for the previous motor because there is no rational reason to add it with the new Suzuki. It can only cause problems. I am surprised that your Suzuki dealer didnt tell you that.
        Last edited by Moonlighter; 02-28-2020, 04:01 AM.

Comment

And yes, it should be showing the gear position as FNR. If its not, talk to your dealer as it may not have been connected up correctly.

Comment

Thanks again Moonlighter, yes it was from old motor and just re powered. The dealer doesn't seem too know too much because I have mentioned the flow sensor a few times and he hasn't said any thing.
            As for the FNR he was going to check another installation to see if it works on that one so it looks like he doesn't know about that as well . I'll see what he comes back with.

Comment

Where in Aus are you located? May be able to point you to a more knowledgeable dealer.

fYI here is a video of the new gauge released back in 2016

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IdghHrBpyWg

Comment

Im in Mackay Qld

Comment

Originally posted by njcasey View Post
                  Im in Mackay Qld
                  ok sorry dont know anyone up there. Im Brisbane area.

If you want to talk to a very knowledgeable dealer, Jon Eadie at Bayside Suzuki Marine is the best. Bar none.

Comment

Thanks for all your help Mate. I've removed the sensor so I'll see how that goes. I am looking at moving to Brissie in the next couple of months so I'll get in touch with Jon then.

Comment

Working...
                    X