Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DF115 starts, idles and shifts but does not rev past idle.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF115 starts, idles and shifts but does not rev past idle.

Long time lurker here. I cant find anything on the web that resembles my issue, so I thought I would finally make an account here and ask you fine folks your opinion.

I've ran this outboard over two years. I've replaced the neutral switch last year as I was experiencing slight losses power while running and that cleared it up. I replaced the console switch panel a month ago and found a few unconnected wires that from the tach. I noticed a grey wire from the shifter matched one from the tach and connected them. My RPM works for the first time, but I try to launch and the motor doesn't respond from the shifter at all. I pulled the boat out and double checked the wires to make sure everything was connected. Tried to launch the boat and all was well the entire day. Every now and then after the trip, I fired the motor up while trailered and used the safe throttle to see if it was still idling up...and it was. But I took the boat out this past weekend and again the motor will not idle up.

Today I pulled the covers off and greased the spigot by the linkage and examined that area. It looks like everything is connected and moving with the shifter. Any recommendations on what else to look for before I take it to my local service?

Figured it out, the throttle cable was seized.

Comment

Thanks for the update. Good to hear you figured it out and its an easy fix.

Comment

Working...
      X