2001 Evinrude 70 HP 4 Stroke Check Engine Codes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2001 Evinrude 70 HP 4 Stroke Check Engine Codes

I purchased a Pontoon this past week from a friend. It has a 2001 Evinrude 70 Hp model# E70PL4SI manufacturer date of 10/2000. I believe that this was the same as the Suzuki DF series. Please correct if I'm wrong. Been racking my brain trying to figure it all out.

When running the boat at home hooked up to the hose everything was running fine with no issues. The boat had sat for a year with not much use as the previous owner had passed. The motor ran very well and sounded very good while hooked up.

Took it out and it ran perfectly for about 15 minutes. It than began to bogg down and it felt as if it was not getting fuel. Backed off the throttle and the same thing happened. Did this several times until the throttle became restricted at about half speed. TACH is broke and I need to replace. Limped it back in with the check engine light remaining on. It had 1 long continuous beep for approximately 10 seconds when it 1st started then it stopped but light remained on.

Took the boat home drained all the old fuel out and added new fuel. Ran it again in the driveway and all was good. No check engine light and the boat sounded and ran great. Took it back out a few days later and it did the exact same thing as before about 15 to 20 minutes in. Limped it back in and took it home.

Once I got home I turned the key to the on position and it gave me the following codes. 1-2 TPS sensor and 4-2 CPK sensor. Neither of these are making sense to me because it truly feels like it's a fuel issue. I was planning on changing both fuel filters and seeing if that worked. The codes just have thrown me off my thought process.

Please let me know your thoughts on this. I appreciate any help.

Did you ever get this figured out? I'm have almost the exact same issues. Can't find out what the 2-5-5-5-5-5....... code is. Been looking everywhere! Even have the Suzuki diagnostic software.

Comment

Working...
    X