Suzuki C-10 powers up but does not display any engine data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki C-10 powers up but does not display any engine data

I broke the screen on my last Suzuki C-10 gauge and recently bought a new replacement C-10 gage. When I wire the new C-10 gauge into my Nmea network, the power comes on, but it does not show any engine data. I have walked through the set-up instructions (several times). I have also done the reset by holding both arrow buttons while turning key on. I’m at a loss and any information would be greatly appreciated. TIA

Whenever a device on a NMEA2000 network is removed and a new one added, even if its the same type, network data sources need to be reset.

So your problem could be as simple as the new gauge not being recognised on the network.

try this.

turn the engine key on so the gauge starts up. In the gauge menu, select menu/system/network/sources then find the option to auto select data sources. Do it.

Comment

Moonlighter Thanks for the feedback. I have tried everything mentioned above to no avail. I just ordered a new Suzuki Engine Interface cable. I’m not real confident that is the issue, but not sure what else to try. Another thing I have noticed is when the key is in the on position, I get double beeps every several seconds. Not sure the two issues are related. Also, my motor is a Suzuki DF200A (2017).

Comment

Check the sticky at the top of the forum, dealing with Suzuki fault codes, it tells you how to interpret the beeps. The sequence involves one of more beeps, slight pause, then a second set of beeps eg 2-1 is 2 beeps, pause, 1 beep, long pause then repeat.

And do you have any other displays on the boat that are connected to the network? Or just the C-10?

Was the old C-10 working properly before it was broken and replaced?

Can you go into the C-10 menu, select network then device list. Make sure the engine key is turned on first, of course it should be to activate the C-10.

What devices do you see listed? If you can see a Suzuki device listed (other than the C-10) then that is the interface. if you dont see the interface listed, open the engine cowl and check to see that the engine harness is still connected to the SDS plug (that is the diagnostic plug on the engine). Unplug it and check the wires going in and out of the plug to make sure they are not loose or broken. Reconnect firmly. Recheck that the engine is then listed in the device list.

Report back with what you find.

Comment

Moonlighter thank you for the reply. I do not have any other displays connected to then NMEA network. The old Suzuki C-10 gauge was working fine before I shattered the glass. I have however had it at the dealer having them do some work. When I go to Network Device list I only see the C-10 Gauge (no engine interface). I’m starting to wonder if you may be on to something with the SDS plug? I wonder if the dealer left something unplugged under the cowl. Can you give me a little more detail on where to look for this SDS plug under the cowl?

Comment

Ok, its very likely that the dealer would have unplugged the SDS plug from the harness in order to connect their laptop to run the Suzuki diagnostic software that they use to check the engine’s history or fault codes etc.

Most likely they forgot to reconnect the SDS plug to the harness, which would totally explain the lack of engine data getting to the C-10. Its a rookie mistake by the dealer’s mechanic. Have had the same issue myself!

The simplest way to check is to get your dealer’s service manager or mechanic on the phone while you have the engine cowl off and get them to give you directions.

I havent looked under the cowl of a DF200A - however on most models this stuff is on the port side and is near the fuse box/ecu. I think on the AP engines they use an adapter cable with a grey and orange plug like this:

https://www.brownspoint.com/store/pc...r-38p63576.htm

Comment

Working...
            X