Paint problem on DF 225

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paint problem on DF 225

Hi, I'm looking at a 23' VIP with a 2004 DF 225. There is a baseball sized spot on the left side of the cowling that almost looks like the paint was burned off of it. I asked the man selling it and he said that he had already had the cowling replaced once because in that same area a much bigger spot had appeared. This motor is still under warranty until some time in Jan. and I want to know if Suzuki will replace the cowling again before it goes out of warranty. The motor has 280 hours on it. Is there anything else that I should ask about or look for? Thanks. Harleyboy

I think I would inspect the inside of the cover and try to figure out what might be causing the problem. I'm not aware of paint problems on these older motors. The recent motors are having paint problems due to a switch over to water based paint, according to my local dealer who has had sun damage on the cover before he could sell the new engines.

Comment

The 2004s defnitely had a cowling paint problem. Turned dull and orange peelish looking. Zuke initially said it was a vendor/contractor issue, as the cowlings were painted by a contractor. The issue did persist tho at least up thru 2008, and maybe even newer. Contact customer service directly as they have been pretty fair about replacing them, even when a dealer was supposedly told NO by the tech.

Comment

Working...
      X