EP-65R causing my NMEA power fuse (3 amp) to blow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• EP-65R causing my NMEA power fuse (3 amp) to blow

Recently my Digital gauge stopped working. I found the 3 amp fuse, which powers the NMEA network. After quite a bit of troubleshooting, I found that as soon as I hook up the EP-65R fluid level sensor it was causing the problem. I checked to see if there was a short, which there wasn't. I cut the red and black wires that go to the sending unit just to make sure and hooked it back up with nothing connected and it still causes the fuse to blow. My question is, can it internally short? That's the only thing I can assume. I'm not sure how it works internally, but just for fun I checked for a short between any of the 5 pins on the connector and did find that two had no resistance, but that may be the way it's built.

This is the first report I have seen of major problems with the fluid level sensor iteslf.

It certainly sounds like it has shorted internally. Can you inspect its cabling and see if there are any signs of corrosion having gotten in or broken wires?

The only other remote possibility is that the T piece its connected to might have failed internally you could swap it out and test that.

Comment

I suspected it may be one of the T pieces too, But, when connecting it to the other T's the fuse blows immediately as well. I'm hoping someone else had a similar problem. It seems weird for it to short internally, but who knows?

Comment

It was damaged internally. I cut through everything and saw that the circuit board was fried

Comment

Working...
        X