2019 Suzuki will not crank at times.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2019 Suzuki will not crank at times.

2019 140 Suzuki 4 hours on boat and motor, Shift back and forth and it will crank. Is there a adjustment for a safety switch??
    Last edited by Grandpa; 04-25-2020, 06:51 PM.

Again as per my reply on your other post, this is a warranty issue and should be sorted by your dealer. Sounds like a shift cable hasnt been adjusted properly or the neutral throttle switch on the gear linkages on the engine may be out of adjustment. Get the dealer to sort it out.

Comment

Thank You!! I will take it to the dealer.

Posting on this forum or any forum is a avenue for education. I try to get educated on what concern might happen and to fix it when I an unable to take a boat to the dealer. The past 30 years I have maintained a ASE Master Technician. I started in the business before fuel injection and went thru the processes with gen 1 computers, front wheel drive etc even now I still work in the field.. I am fortunate to be well rounded in these areas. My goal is not to have the dealer control me or fix the wrong item. I need to be educated, you and others help me make a assessment of what might be causing a concern.

Thank you for taking the time to always respond to my and other questions on this board and other boards.

Comment

You were correct to have found the forum to ask questions, that is what the forum was made for. However, with your credentials, you more than most might appreciate getting the full service manual.
        There is a lot to these engines that the dealer won't tell you about.
        at the time you posed your question you indicate only 4 hours, so the question I would ask: Are you following the first 10 hour break-in protocol?
        Art

Comment

Yes, I am following the painful break in. We are up to 5 hours now. FCJ Marine is going to handle the warranty concern with no start at the 20 hours service. I went over the C10 gauge connections (disconnect and reconnect) the gauge reset concern has not comeback. Sometimes its that simple with electronics. A connector just needs a re-seat. I did check the interface cable and network version and it is correct per what I have researched version 3.5.04.

The no crank did occur on my last trip out, however I know that I need to move the gear selector.

Thank you for your reply.

Comment

Working...
          X