Suzuki to Simrad NMEA2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki to Simrad NMEA2000

let me preface this with saying I have been searching and have read the sticky on this forum regarding this but still need help.

2019 suzuki 250. Installed v3.5 interface and sds adapter cable. NMEA network is properly working as I can see all devices EXCEPT the suzuki on the list. I've done the auto select on the simrad go9 and still nothing.. im not seeing the motor at all on the network. Does the computer have to be setup to send that data out? I've changed T's and just about everything I can think of. I have the suzuki tach with idiot lights only. Thanks a ton for the help.

It sounds like you have everything set up correctly.

i have heard a couple of times where the adapter cable wiring was wrong and no data therefore came thru.

So you might swap out the adapter cable for a different one.

(you did have the engine key turned on when testing I hope, no data unless it is)

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
      It sounds like you have everything set up correctly.

i have heard a couple of times where the adapter cable wiring was wrong and no data therefore came thru.

So you might swap out the adapter cable for a different one.

(you did have the engine key turned on when testing I hope, no data unless it is)

are you talking about the sds adapter cable or the actual interface cable?

Comment

The SDS adapter cable.

If you want to check your SDS adapter cable, below is how the colours should be connected on 2015 and newer engines.

Im not sure if this has changed with the very latest engines but hopefully it will help.

If you find its wrong, the pins can be repositioned by pulling out from the back of the plugs by first lifting the tiny tab inside the front above the pin, and at the same time gently pulling the wire out from the back. Then push back in to the correct position until they click into place.

SDS connector wire color | SDS function | matching interface cable connector wire colour

B/Bl (black with blue stripes) | +12V | red

B (black) | ground | black

Or/Y (orange with yellow stripes) | PC communication line (A) | white |

The Y (yellow) | PC communication line (B) | not connected
        Last edited by Moonlighter; 04-26-2020, 11:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
        X