Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fuel data reset:wrong fuel data/manumission?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fuel data reset:wrong fuel data/manumission?

Following Nmea2000Networks tread I already set up my Nmea network betweeen Lowrance Carbon 12 and Suzuki Df140A(2015);
    all worked good for 3 years...but today something strange happened in my Fuel data on Fuel Gauge in Lowrance Engine panel and in Fuel Consumpion and Trip Fuel consumpion in Fuel page.
    For fuel data i use Fuel Gauge in Lowrance Engine panel...and enter the amount of added fuel in the Fuel Menu...(usually i add 60 liters)
    2 days ago I left the boat and Fuel Gauge in Lowrance Engine panel was 55 liter ...today i take the boat and fuel was 120 liter(full) !!!!!I went to Fuel menu' and I saw seasonal Fuel Consumpion and Trip Fuel consumpion was 0.2 Liter.!!!! I never reset seasonal Fuel Consumpion!.
    Look like somebody reset seasonal Fuel Consumpion and Trip Fuel consumpion and set fuel Tank to full(120Liter)....or Lowrance hds Crabon loose the data/reset the data?
    What you think?
    Thank you very much

It is possible that a power spike has occurred and upset the system.

Only suggestion is to make sure that battery terminals and connections are cleaned and tightened, batteries are in good condition and fully charged, and that while the boat is not in use, the battery master switch is always turned off.

You could re-check the Suzuki device configuration is still correct.

Comment

I check battery and connections all are ok,master switch was off.
      Suzuki device configuration is ok.
      I dont really dont know what happened!
      Now the problem is fuel gauge in Lowrance Engine panel ia 120 liter....but inside tank have 55 liter..
      how can reset fuel gauge in Lowrance Engine panel?

Thank you

Comment

Menu/system scroll down to fuel, the select vessel setup. Set fuel tank capacity there.

Comment

Setting fuel gauge using fuel level source On the DF250AP (or similar): set up 1 engine and tank capacity. Ensure all electric is off. Remove tank sender unit. Bung lint free cloth in hole. Ensure sender does not touch bottom or top of tank by measuring tank depth. Set empty tank, then full tank. It then reads what is actually is in the tank. Can calibrate non cuboid shaped tanks.

Comment

Now the problem is getting worst:
            Randomly ALL engine data on my Lowrance Hds 12 engine page freeze...temperature shows -20 and then 200...Rpm goes up and down,fuel consumpion show 40 and then 800 L/h and then engine stall: during trolling(-200 rpm) or during cruise speed(about 3000 rpm).
            I noticed also when this happen the gas control lever become strong to muve when i try to lower down Rpm and shift in neutral gear.
            If i stop and restart the engine all works Ok for a while,but after the problem star again.

In the past 2 weeks i try many things suggested before from Moonlighter,but not solved....i think the problem is more deep.
            -I replaced battery terminals clean connections are cleaned and tightened...battery i think is Ok,is about 12.5-13 V,is 2 year old.
            -I rewired Nmea power connection and replaced the small fuse holder with a new one(as suggested in other post)....but no solve.

Today i made some test in the water:
            -After engine data on my Lowrance Hds 12 engine page freeze and engine stall from 5000 to 3000 rpm i stop engine,
            and disconnect power to NMEA net(only engine is connected to NMEA) ,run the boat for 5-8 minute and get engine stall again...
            i stop engine and i also disconnected Suzuki Engine Interface from the engine and run the boat again..
            ....i run 15 minutes to get home and no had any engine problem...

Now this make me thinking 2 things:
            -1 Suzuki Engine Interface have some problem...i think inside cable soldering is not good.Can i open it to check inside?
            I have to say about Suzuki Engine Interface(last model software 3.5 )
            in the past,since first year i installed it, sometimes i loose the connection between Engine and Lowrance Hds carbon 12...
            i solved it many times just touching and moving little bit the cables come out from the small plastic box that is Suzuki Engine Interface.
            Last week i change Suzuki Engine Interface position,and tightened with 2 cable tight in such way to let In and Out cable be straight
            for about 3 centimeter.....This worsen the situation:from simple screen data loss to engine stall...

- 2 Engine Ecu have problem:
            A: My engine is DF140A manufactured on february 2015.
            I read in this forum about ECU malfuncioning in this engine first models...and about water sensor not comunicating with Ecu...
            ...but i dont had any recall and i dont know where to check if my engine is affected or not according to engine serial number.
            B:in the past month i start to have error code 3-6,that is O2 sensor...i check for continuity(as suzuki manual shows) and find it foulty.Waiting for a new one.
            Today i no get any O2 sensor error codes,but 3 days ago i had It.This error not happen every day.
            The O2 sensor has already been replaced 3 years ago because foulty...the replaced one works ok for 3 years till 1 month ago.
            C:I connected my laptop to the engine and read check the ECU by suzuki software and i no have error codes exept for O2 sensor.

I really dont know what to do now and where is the problem....i need a little big help.

Thank you very much.
            P.s:I hope that what I wrote in my Italian-English is understandable .

Comment

You have done very good trouble shooting work!

I think that your tests indicate that the engine interface cable itself is faulty. I would disconnect it and not run the engine any more with it connected, it may cause damage.

Unfortunately you cannot open it up, the module is sealed, but if water gets inside the module it will be short-circuited. Cannot be repaired and must be replaced.

So a new engine interface cable, latest version running 3.5.4 software, would be my recommendation.

Regarding the O2 sensor, there was a new design sensor released to replace the troublesome one, it is usually supplied as a warranty replacement. The old O2 sensor part number is 18213-98J20 and the new (good one that solves the alarm) part number is 18213-98J30. Talk to your Suzuki dealer about a replacement being installed. Ask for it to be at no charge, because it is a known faulty design.

Comment

Thank you for reply.
                I already disconnected and take out from the boat engine interface yesterday...may be later iwill try to open and check inside...
                Engine interface never take water,,,is under the center console and i use a 5.5 meter cable to connect to engine.
                I think is in the wire soldering in the cable goes into the interface.

I see engine interface part N.:990C0-88149-354...have different model in Usa ? or engine interface is same for all countryes?
                Is better buy new suzuki engine interface software 35.4 or 35.0 same i had before?

About O2 sensor..the one i get when i bought the engine have only 1 small hole in the top...the one i replace already 2 years ago
                was different:1 hole in the top and some holes in the side.
                Suzuki shop(in Thailand) did not tell me was under warranty...i payed it full price.
                Shoul have beed replaced under warranty? My engine serial is 14003F-512785.
                I see on another post :
                02 Sensor 3-6 Code WARRANTY UPDATE
                General Electrical No 16
                Model Affected engines DF115A/1140A, 250AP/300AP
                519999 and earlier engine numbers

About ECU: I read in this forum about ECU malfuncioning in this engine first models...and about water sensor not comunicating with Ecu...
                ...but i dont had any recall and i dont know where to check if my engine is affected or not according to engine serial number.
                You can give me some advice?

Unfortunately or fortunately I live in Koh Lipe a small island in Thailand and Suzuki Shop is 550 km from here...no way to go to suzuki shop,
                so I have to do all jobs myself and this is first boat engine i have.

Thank you very much

Comment

3.5.4 is the latest version interface, and it is the one that you want. It is better than 3.5.0 and was a replacement for 3.5.0.

Yes the O2 sensor should have been replaced free of charge under warranty. Even now, most dealers here do it for free as goodwill.

The ecu recall recall was for early versions of the A series engines. I think it may have been resolved by 2015.

However, if you contact a Suzuki dealer they should be able to check your engine serial number against the Suzuki service bulletin and their data base and verify one way or another if it was needed and if it has already been replaced or not. Most dealers replaced those ecu’s as part of the regular servicing procedure back when the issue was identified.

If it has not been done, I would not worry too much especially if the engine has been running well.

Comment

Thank you for answers.
                    I m going to order a new Suzuki interface 3.5.4 ...i m thinking from Boats.net...have some discount code for forum users?

About O2 sensor:i replaced 2 already,and suzuki dealer never inform me is under recall warranty! I pay already for 2 swnsors,and they are not cheap.
                    I see this in another post:
                    02 Sensor 3-6 Code WARRANTY UPDATE
                    General Electrical No 16
                    Model Affected engines DF115A/1140A, 250AP/300AP
                    519999 and earlier engine numbber
                    This should include also my engine serial is 14003F-512785.

I never get any service exept for 20 hour check.So i m sure nothing has been changed.
                    You can please give me more detail about this recall?

Thank you very much

Comment

I post some picture about Suzuki engine interface: I open it sliding the external plastic cover,
                      and you can see In and Out wires are not fully incorporated in the plastic...In cable also muves little bit up and down...and here is where my
                      random problem comes from...It happens that just touch the In cable a little bit make Interface work again.
                      I think this Interface module is foulty by factory..is not properly manufactured.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by kagira View Post
                        I post some picture about Suzuki engine interface: I open it sliding the external plastic cover,
                        and you can see In and Out wires are not fully incorporated in the plastic...In cable also muves little bit up and down...and here is where my
                        random problem comes from...It happens that just touch the In cable a little bit make Interface work again.
                        I think this Interface module is foulty by factory..is not properly manufactured.
                        I agree. That cable may have a fault in manufacturing. Circuitry inside is affected. Must be replaced with a new cable.

Is it possible that the cable was placed in a position where it was pulled apart? Tied too tightly? Affected by bouncing around? Seems not likely however....?

I think that it may be too late for a warranty claim, but I would show the Suzuki dealer and ask for their understanding.

Comment

Yes,interface cable is faulty....it was since beginning,,,that why i had loose data from engine several times.
                          All times that happen I checked the power connection to NMEA ..and doing this i was touching also interface cable and after i worked again.
                          Since 2 weeks ago i decide to reposition the interface...i cut a small piece of plastic and i used tape to lock the interface in and out cable,so they can exit the interface straight for 3-4 cm ...this made the problem worst...engine stall and crazy data...
                          Cable was under the console...well tight with cable tight...never pulled apart.
                          I will try to ask to suzuki dealer...

I was trying to order a new one from Boats.net...but i see no shipping outside USA ..for covid...!!
                          Here in Thailand they no have this cable...before I bought it in Italy(i m Italian),togheter with Carbon 12.

Comment

There are some available from Australian suppliers

I found some for you, you could try them.

https://www.chsmith.com.au/Products/...ace-Cable.html

https://www.bluebottlemarine.com/pro...3-onwards.html

Comment

Very expensive there..May be i wait to see if i can have my faulty Suzuki Interface replaced under warranty.
                              I Bought it in Italy..and according to Europe warranty laws this is a factory fault,so should be replaced.

Thank you for help and info.

Comment

Working...
                              X