2013 - 175HP Four Stroke Not Showing RPM on Gauge

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 - 175HP Four Stroke Not Showing RPM on Gauge

I have twin 2013 - 175HP Four Stroke Outboards. The RPM's for the Port Motor stopped showing on digital gauges. I've tried to read the RPM with the starboard gauge over, but that didn't work. The port gauge will read the starboard RPM's. Switched up the NEMA 2000 T's to see if that worked, no luck. Plugged/unplugged all the connections on motor, no luck. Any other options? Is there a RPM sensor to replace first? Or repull a new cord from engine to NEMA 2000 T? Thanks, in advance.

Sometimes data just disappears and its mainly because the network has lost the correct data source for the item.

Whenever an item of data goes missing unexpectedly, the first thing to do is to reset network data sources, and this almost always fixes the problem.

First make sure both engines keys are turned to the on position.

Then in one of the C-10 menus, select menu/system/network/sources and then select the option to auto-select. It will pop up a warning to ensure that all devices attached to the network are turned on, so do that, and it will also say that all network data sources will be reset and asks do you really want to do that. Yes you do.

So proceed and the data sources will be reset. RPM data should now be showing again, assuming that you haven’t messed anything else up along the way.

This auto select procedure is an excellent problem solving technique for many such problems, there is no downside to doing it.

Comment

Thanks! I gave it a whirl, but still not showing RPM. Both engines are coming up as connected,. Could not find a auto-select on this model, but did the bus search. Then did 'unset engine' and 'reconfigure'. Tried it on both, different times etc.
      Attached Files

Comment

*Additional Pics
        Attached Files

Comment

Lets be clear - are you saying that all other data for the port motor is showing, except RPM?

Do you have any other displays attached to the network eg a Simrad NSS or Lowrance etc?

And to answer your earlier question NO there is no “sensor” that sends RPM from the engine - ALL of the data displayed on the gauge comes from the engine’s ecu.

You could try a hard reset on that problematic gauge. As below. But if you have a Simrad or Lowrance display on the network, its best by far to reset network data sources as a first step.

SMIS gauge Hard Reset (Deletes stored data.)
          1. Turn Unit Off (disconnect power from the network)
          2. Press and hold the DOWN button.
          3. Turn unit on (activate power to NMEA network or connect unit to operating network).
          4. Release DOWN button after test screen appears.
          5. Turn unit off (disconnect power to NMEA 2000 network or remove unit from network).
          Last edited by Moonlighter; 04-27-2020, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Thanks! I'll try and see if the Lowrance can read the motor tonight, and a hard reset.

Comment

I hope this is the right place place to ask for help. If not, then sorry.
              I have a DF250AP. After much time, I have been able to sort out all the data to be displayed as I need, except the "rudder angle indicator". See pic. I just can't get it to read any movement of the motor.
              Can you help me with sorting out the settings or do I need to purchase a sensor? IMG-20200501-WA0014.jpg thank you in advance. Peter

Comment

Originally posted by PeterKemp View Post
                I hope this is the right place place to ask for help. If not, then sorry.
                I have a DF250AP. After much time, I have been able to sort out all the data to be displayed as I need, except the "rudder angle indicator". See pic. I just can't get it to read any movement of the motor.
                Can you help me with sorting out the settings or do I need to purchase a sensor? IMG-20200501-WA0014.jpg thank you in advance. Peter
                You really should start a new thread on this topic , its simple enough, on the main page, just click on New Topic (in blue) just under the red box.otherwise we get mixed up between answering the original,poster’s questions, and yours.

Anyway There is no data sent from the engine for rudder angle. A separate sensor would be required.

If you want further discussion please start separate thread.

Comment

Ok. Thanks. I'm a fast learner! I'll start a new thread.

Comment

Thanks for the help MoonLighter. Ended up just having to replace the port engine interface cable. When I was checking the connections, the interface for that motor was extremely hot. Once replaced, worked good as new.

Comment

Working...
                    X