Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW SUZUKI DF20AS outboard Problem with on Resolution

Well were do I start.
    I am now very unhappy and getting quite pissed off as Suzuki will not sort this issue out

I purchased this unit 30 Dec 2014 in Thailand from a Thailand Suzuki dealer.

Manufacture date is 06-11-2013
    Purchase Date 30-12-2014
    Engine number is 02002F-4140874

Well the unit for the first 3 months worked well then it started to surge then cut out

The dealer picked up and returned the motor from our location (very nice of them)
    the unit was returned to the dealer and a new fuel pump was fitted and it was returned to me. however when I started it on the dingy it was only running on one cylinder. so they came back and took it away again and replaced one injector

the motor worked well for 2 weeks then started to surge again and then did a dead cut after a few more days. again it was returned
    it cam back with a report that the fuel was dirty,
    I have a CAV pre filter in the dingy and the engine filter and the fuel has never had water in it.

so back on the dingy again and then straight away it starts surging again for a bout 3 weeks on and off and it dead cuts and I have to row in.

They clean the fuel system and return it to me

It goes for a day or two and starts surging again then dead cuts. they take it away again, this time they pull the gearbox apart and say its missing a small push rod, if it was missing then its a incorrect assemble, now it came back and the gear box wines badly and it still surges after 50 mtrs. I take the mechanic out and he see the surging etc

they take it back keep it for 5 weeks and then replace the pinion, i get it back and the gear box still wines and after week of surging I get another dead cut and have to row in

So I now have two issues
    A motor with a fuel issue and a noisy gear box that was totally fine with no noise before it was pulled apart when I never even complained about it being faulty.

Its been back to the dealer over 12 times now for the same F----ing running problem

This has now been going on for over 12 months and the motor is now over 20 mths old. Suzuki say its out of warranty and dont want to fix it, the dealer has been doing there best and have requested a replacement motor from suzuki due to all the ongoing issues . which so the dealer says they have said no to. anyway its a problem thats continued since it was 3 mths old. how long do I have to put up with this issue.

All I want is a motor that works and is reliable. its now been in the dealers shop for over 6 mths in dead time and I cant use it. I have also had to by a new 3Hp spare motor for the dingy so that I can get in and out to my boat

I cant find anywhere to contact Suzuki Japan and complain, Suzuki Thailand does not want to do anything

This problem has been going on since new, as far as I am concerned

Very Pissed off and concerned about the LACK of SUPPORT from Suzuki themselves.

Have you a contact who can resolve this issue

Regards

Paul

Here is a couple of questions
    Since you have been having problems for a year-how old is the fuel on your fuel tank today?
    You probably have a fairly small tank - dump the fuel into your car and get fresh fuel
    Have you double checked the fuel tank venting?
    What is the fuel bulb doing- remains firm or goes flat?

Your other problem with the dealer is a tough one

Comment

Working...
    X