Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2013 60 HP 4 Stroke - Hose Flushing

New to this Site

Question regarding Flushing the Engine after saltwater use.

If i don't have fresh city water available, can I flush the Engine using the Upper Hose Connection with an elevated Bucket of water?

Thank you
    Steve

If you are just relying on syphon pressure to run the water through the engine from the bucket, I dont think it will work, just not enough pressure to push water through all the engine passages etc.

And of course, you MUST NOT RUN THE ENGINE WHILE USING THE FLUSHING PORTS.

I think you would be much better off dropping the leg into a large drum of water (anti-vent plate needs to be well submerged, at least 3”) and then flushing by running the engine.

Comment

Moonlighter

Thanks. Thought of that after I posted but that brings in the issue of having to transport a large container of water.

I think I just have to bite the bullet and take it home for a clean, than back out to the Storage Lot.

Steve

Comment

Steve - some people have had poly heavy type material bags made up that hang around the engine and the leg sits inside them. So that could be an option too. Might be easier than a barrel an take less water. A mate of mine here in Australia runs a marine trimming business and has made several such bags for people.

Or if you have some kind of pump that can pump the water thru the flushing port - here is an idea: if you could somehow make an adapter for the deckwask pump on the boat to suck water out of a bucket and run it thru the flushing port? Could be a project if, like many, you are in some kind of COVID-19 lockdown/isolation....

best wishes.

Comment

Moon...

With the Bag, we are back to the issue of water supply. I can manage a few gallons in a Jug. Put on the Truck Roof and connected to the Static Flush Inlet and let it run thru, but that doesn't seem like enough water and also that there seems to be a need to flush it under pressure.

So I am back to having to either find a Storage Unit with City Water supply or stop at home to give it a wash/flush - then go and park it.

I am open to other ideas - thanks for all your help.
          Steve

Comment

Working...
          X