Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2006 DF150 - Dumbfounded

Hello All,

New member Dan and first time boat owner here. This weekend, I set out to buy a 16' Jon boat to take crabbing and came home with a 20' dual console and 2006 DF150 motor.

The motor is getting water in the oil.

Today, I went out and bought a new battery so that I could tilt the motor down and have a better look at things. Also wanted to perform a compression test.

When I hooked the new battery up, I was able to adjust tilt from the controls. By using the controls, I could lower down to the point where the motor touches the 2 metal rods sticking out of the mount. From there, I could only lower the motor further by using the tilt switch on the actual motor rather than the controls.

Now, when I try to adjust the tilt from the controls, it works for a split second and then stops. But, I can still fully lower and raise the motor from the tilt button on the motor though. Any idea whats causing this?

Also, I wanted to do a compression test but the motor won't even attempt to kick. The motor is dry as the oil has been drained. Is there some kind of low oil safety mechanism?

Any help or guidance will be much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Dan

Hi Dan

At the top of this forum in the “sticky” section, Art wrote a discussion about the Suzuki “white wire”.

Have a read of that sticky because I am fairly sure that your problems are white wire related. Art discusses the purpose of that wire and why it can cause problems if it is compromised by a break or bad connection or corrosion.

Comment

Thanks Moonlighter. It ended up being a corroded fuse holder.

Comment

Working...
      X