Motor Stick, My wedge on 2016 DF140A

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motor Stick, My wedge on 2016 DF140A

Has anyone used or is using Motor Stick or My wedge on a 2016 DF140A. Have you had any problems with them, or didn't like the way the worked for you. I've heard that the trim caps on some models were plastic, and you shouldn't use them. My caps appear to be metal.
    Henry

Have seen similar things but not used them.

I just use a length of 3 x 1 1/2 pine cross-ways on long trips, trim down onto it tight. Works fine. I have a lanyard attached to it in case it were to fall out it doesn't end up bouncing down the road. But never happened (fell out) yet.

Comment

I have a 175
      The parts for the trim cylinder look similar
      Mine has two push rods for fine trim positioning when operating
      I made a round wood sleeve about 1.5 inches by 6 inches
      Drilled appptox 3/4 inch center out that then slides over the starboard push rod
      (The port side has a grease fitting you don't want to break)
      I raise the engine to full height, place the support over the trim push rod and lower the engine down to this support It holds the full weight of the engine for traveling
      Can send photo later if you would like
      Art

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post
        Have seen similar things but not used them.

I just use a length of 3 x 1 1/2 pine cross-ways on long trips, trim down onto it tight. Works fine. I have a lanyard attached to it in case it were to fall out it doesn't end up bouncing down the road. But never happened (fell out) yet.
        Sound inexpensive and easy to do. I might try a 2 x 4
        Henry

Comment

Originally posted by artdf175 View Post
          I have a 175
          The parts for the trim cylinder look similar
          Mine has two push rods for fine trim positioning when operating
          I made a round wood sleeve about 1.5 inches by 6 inches
          Drilled appptox 3/4 inch center out that then slides over the starboard push rod
          (The port side has a grease fitting you don't want to break)
          I raise the engine to full height, place the support over the trim push rod and lower the engine down to this support It holds the full weight of the engine for traveling
          Can send photo later if you would like
          Art
          Yes, I would like a photo please. Great article on the white wire.
          Henry

Comment

I will work on a photo tomorrow
            White wire (WW) thank you until you mentioned it I had missed that it had been 'printed' We had discussed making a Sticky on the subject so time back because of a fair amount of confusion
            Art

Comment

My engine support for traveling
              This holds the weight of the engine and the hydrolics keeps the pressure on the support to prevent any bouncing
              I turned this on my wood lathe
              It measures 2.0 inches X 6.0 inches The center hole is 3/4 inch and the edge is tapered to keep weight off the seal for the hydraulics
              The 2 in. Diameter clears the feelers
              Could be made from 2X2 (true measurement) stock, just round the edges for clearance
              Having trouble downloading pictures but if you click on them and 'open in a new window' it should work
              Art

Last two photos didn't rotate correcrly
              Attached Files
              Last edited by artdf175; 10-24-2016, 08:01 PM. Reason: Photo

Comment

Originally posted by artdf175 View Post
                My engine support for traveling
                This holds the weight of the engine and the hydrolics keeps the pressure on the support to prevent any bouncing
                I turned this on my wood lathe
                It measures 2.0 inches X 6.0 inches The center hole is 3/4 inch and the edge is tapered to keep weight off the seal for the hydraulics
                The 2 in. Diameter clears the feelers
                Could be made from 2X2 (true measurement) stock, just round the edges for clearance
                Having trouble downloading pictures but if you click on them and 'open in a new window' it should work
                Art

Last two photos didn't rotate correcrly
                Thank for taking the time to post your photos. It looks like it works just like the Motor stick and My wedge. I will try both of your ideas and see which one works better for me. Thanks again, Henry
                Henry

Comment

Nice Art!

Ive seen very similar thing done using a 6" or 8" black rubber trailer roller.

Comment

Working...
                  X