DF200 throttle warm up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF200 throttle warm up

All the boats Ive owned have had a release on the throttle to rev the engine in neutral. But I cannot find a release on this one. Do they not put those on the newer boats? This is a 2019.

What throttle control do you have? There is usually a way. Have you checked your owners manual?

But the main question is - why do you want to rev the engine in neutral anyway? These engines do not need any throttle to start them, in fact it is actually the wrong thing to do.

Comment

Suzuki binnacle. Not that I necessarily want to rev the engine. But every boat that I've had has that on there and I found it odd that this doesn't. I haven't had a chance to look at the manual since it's not the like. maybe it's because the engine is fuel injected

Comment

Because the engine is fully computer controlled efi, there is no need for extra throttle when starting, the computer controls the mixture to compensate for air and engine temperature, and every other possible variable you can think of. The computer will control mixture richness when the engine is cold, and adjusts it automatically as the engine warms up. You dont have to think about any of this stuff any more, the computer takes care of it all.

The starting procedure for these engines is simple, it just varies slightly depending on whether yours is an AP model (fly by wire) rather than traditional mechanical controls.

For mechanical control engines the procedure is to turn the key one click to where it beeps, wait for the beep to finish, then proceed to turn the key to crank and start the engine. The beep gives time for the computer to get its act together and receive info from all the sensors so it is ready to start, and for the fuel pump to build pressure up to the required level.

For AP models the key is turned to the on position where it beeps. Then the engine is started and stopped simply by a short press of the start button. You dont need to hold the start button in until the engine starts, just press it so it starts cranking and the computer then controls the starting. At the end of the day after the engine is stopped for the last time, then turn the key off.

I only have the standard throttle control box and it has the neutral lever as per traditional. But I honestly cannot remember the last time I lifted that lever for extra revs in neutral.

I think that the binnacle may have a button kind of subtly placed on the body that you depress, and then move the throttle for extra neutral throttle. Your owner’s manual will show where and how.
        Last edited by Moonlighter; 05-17-2020, 10:48 PM.

Comment

Engine starts fine normally, just ran fast idol after I added fuel additive. Just at a loss why I cannot obtain full power in forward or reverse.

Comment

Originally posted by C141FENG View Post
            Engine starts fine normally, just ran fast idol after I added fuel additive. Just at a loss why I cannot obtain full power in forward or reverse.
            Mate I think you have posted this on the wrong thread. Suggest delete it and go back onto the thread you started about your issue.

Comment

Working...
            X