Buying used DF150

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buying used DF150

I am looking at buying a used 2006 DF150 with 850 hours. 410 under 1000, 200 between 1k and 2k, 220 between 2k and 5k and 20 at wot range. Compression (cold) is between 175-180psi in all 4 holes. The engine idles great - it is on a stand so checking under load is impossible.
    Besides the obvious signs of water in oil, abuse and corosion is there anything specific that I should be worried or concerned enough to look for?
    I appriciate any and all help!!

The DF140's are notorious for the oil cooler corroding and getting water in the oil. Changing the high pressure fuel pump is a PIA as the VST tank is mounted behind the intake manifold. There is also a block plug the corrodes to check out.

Jim

Comment

Originally posted by jfwireless View Post
      The DF140's are notorious for the oil cooler corroding and getting water in the oil. Changing the high pressure fuel pump is a PIA as the VST tank is mounted behind the intake manifold. There is also a block plug the corrodes to check out.

Jim
      Thanks for the advice. This is a 150, not the 140 - I thought they did not have the steel plug? Does the same apply for the oil cooler?
      Thanks!

Comment

Working...
      X