Lowrance elite 9 nmea issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowrance elite 9 nmea issue

Curious if anyone else has had a similar issue.

moonlighter guides me thru setup issues relating to software, but for a few months I have enjoyed having my graph synced to my df140. Both the graph and motor are new.

I was out the other evening and got my 100 hr service warning, which I reset by pulling the lanyard as prescribed.

I show up the following morning and my nmea Suzuki connection is gone. I’m not showing a blown fuse and voltage was good when I checked it the last reboots night on the lowrance, but now everything is gone.

I pulled all connections, inspected and retightened.

could I have messed something up on my reset?

Hmmm strange. Did someone unplug the harness in the engine from the SDS plug? Check that!

Then...

Try this. Its my go-to procedure for fixing missing data. If it works write it down for future ref. Comes in handy and is safe as houses.

Turn the engine key on to where it beeps. Turn on the Lowrance and make sure the network is powered on.

In the Lowrance Menu:

menu/settings/network then select auto-configure. It will pop up a warning to make sure all network devices are turned on, so do that, then proceed.

The data should then be back.

Comment

Moonlighter

i unplugged and checked the engine connection and I was good.

I will give the config a shot and see what happens.

Comment

Moonlighter

circling back to this after checking all connections and doing the reconfigurations. The device does not show in the list of nmea devices.

I pulled the cord for the power feed and verified it is getting 12.5 v with the engine off.

I also removed the version 3.5.0 interface cable and tried to check continuity from end to end. I was not able to get a tone with my meter on any of the pins.

any thoughts? This cord is 3 months old.

Comment

Working...
        X