Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF 140a data

Hi to all
    Made the move from Darwin to brisbane and have only put a dozen or more hours all year motors are still bloody noisy. Now all the moving stuff is winding down next year will see me on the water. Question is now I did a few hours on Moreton bay Sunday. Halfway home the port motor stopped sending data to that side gmi20 gauge. Where should I start to look here are the gauges fused. The gauge still operating but there is no needle showing on the dial. Motor runs fine but would like the data.

Check that the interface cable connection is good. If motors have been serviced etc recently cable may not have been plugged back in correctly. Look on the port side of the engine for the SDS plug, the interface is connected there via an adapter cable.

What other devices do you have on your network, apart from the Suzuki's and GMI's?

Where in Brissy have you moved to? I can recommend a couple of very good Suzuki service guys for you.

Comment

Alexandra hills is our new home. John Eade has serviced them and seems ok. I haven't spoken to them yet I want to give it fiddle yet. I might talk the the Darwin guys as it would be worth know how how it was set up in the first place.

Comment

Jon is very, very good. Top class Suzuki tech. Few know more about these motors than him. He is also the most knowledgeable person in Suzuki on the GMI displays. Ive known him for quite a few years now, he supplied and services my DF115. Top guy, too.

From what you described, as I suggested I would first look a physical connections on the network. If the gauge is turning on then it's getting power from the network, but the sudden lack of engine data smells of either a physical connection issue, or, perhaps a interface cable failure.

I'm at Cleveland, just 5 minutes down the road from you!

If you're interested we could catch up for a beer, and to have a look at the network setup and maybe find the source of the issue with the GMI, although it will have to wait a bit, as I'm leaving tomorrow (Wednesday) to head up to Peter Faust Dam at Proserpine to catch me a Barra!

Back in a week or so.

Give me a call on 0409476173 if you like sometime then.

Cheers!

Grant

Comment

Good luck with the barras I have two engines and the opposite Garmin gauge on both gmi 20. I will call the Darwin guy in the morning and then slip in and see john later in the week. I might just take you up on the offer of that beer.

Comment

Very slack still havent called John but will tommorrow morning. Just ran them on muffs still no data (haven't been in water since). I wasn't too worried but planed on doing pumistone passage for New Years with or without data. On the muffs, port engine(without data) also showed an oil alarm light code 1 single beep repeated, light flash was 3 then I think 7 (there so bloody fast) looks like a job for John after all. Busy now with Xmas though I bet.

Comment

If all the connections look good, then most likely a bad T piece (internal failure) on that port interface cable or Garmin. Could try swapping them around and see what you find.

Yes, Jon is busy, you'd better get booked in ASAP! He will bung it on the laptop and see what those alarms are about.

Cheers!

Comment

Booked in Thursday. The tee price tree is suspect where they have it all ached to the wiring loom with cable ties. It's under stress in the middle could be the problem. Find out Thursday then of to PNG Sunday

Comment

All sorted O2 sensor was all that they could fault so replaced. The NEMA network was not set up as they would have done so a bit of a rejig and all the data is there again on both port and starboard. In out one day so very happy. Now just got get time to use it.

Comment

Good work!

The code you saw would have been 3-6 for the oxygen sensor.

Tight lines, let's hope we get some decent weather soon!

Comment

Working...
                    X