Buy Suzuki Outboard Parts

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suzuki DF20 struggles to shoot water at idle. Is this normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF20 struggles to shoot water at idle. Is this normal?

Hi. Pretty much since I've had it, my 2015 (new when I bought it) DF20 has had a problem shooiting water from the telltale. I usually have to throttle up quite a few times before I see any water. It's like it needs to be primed or something. Just wondering if it's normal. Once it gets going it seems to shoot ok, but I've still experienced some overheating. What would you recommend? This motor has less than 20 hours on it, so I'm hesitant to put in a new impeller.

Twice the same issue?

https://www.suzukioutboardforum.com/...-turns-on-dies

I tell you that the problem is the clogged cooling channels. Do it yourself or bring it to the dealer or if you're not feeling comfortable doing it yourself. The dealer can fix this in 1-2 hours and some new gaskets. Often the tell tale piping is leaking (causing your weak tell tale) as well and can be fixed the same time.
    Regards, Martin
    DF200 2007

Comment

I see this as a separate issue (although it could be part of why it started overheating). That's why it's a new topic. What I described here is something that I've seen since the engine was brand new and thought it was odd that it struggled to start shooting water out the tell tale. Just want to know if that part is normal

Comment

Working...
      X