Suspected Engine Interface Cable Failure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suspected Engine Interface Cable Failure

So my Suzuki gauges recently stopped displaying engine telemetry. I suspected the engine harness so I verified continuity from the engine computer interface connectors to where the engine harness connects with the Engine Interface Cable. Everything was good. I also swapped NMEA2000 ports with the fuel level sensor and it still doesn't show up on the bus. I suspect the Engine Interface Cable is bad. I have a 2013 DF200. The gauges are V2.5 and the Engine Interface Cable is V2.5. The gauges are the round digital type. I had the boat custom built so everything is original. Where do I go from here? Buy a V2.9 cable? Please Help!

For a 2013 engine a V3.5 cable is recommended.

did you do a refresh of your device list after changing the cables around? Otherwise the cable may not have shown up. And remember that the engine key needs to be turned on.

Its very odd to have a engine built in 2013 and for a old V2.5 cable to have been installed at the same time. By that time the version should been much later.

Comment

So I purchased a new V3.5 cable and it fixed my problem. Thank you for the support!

Comment

Working...
      X