Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Df200, GMI20 NMEA dramas

Hey guys.
    Ive been lurking on these forums for a while now, But figured it was time to join up seeing as im having a drama thats doing my head in lol. It seems like theres a few guys on here that have experienced similar issues to myself so i was hoping that somebody might be able to help.

I have recently purchase a DF200, plate says 2012 model but im pretty sure the serial number lines up with a 2013 model.
    The motor came with a GMI20 gauge and a warning panel for the alarms. Now i have got the warning panel connected to the main harness and that seems to be working fine.
    But ill be stuffed if i can get the GMI20 to work or for the motor to show up on my simrad go9. It doesnt appear in the devices list on either unit.

I have the SDS adapter cable attached to what im pretty sure is the digital plug on the motor. Which is then run to behind the dash.
    Then i have connected the suzuki interface module to that and connected it into my NMEA network.

On my NMEA network i have a Simrad Go9, S2009 and a GS25 antenna, all of which are seeing each other and working perfectly.
    I have tried swapping the interface to different nmea plugs and that has made no difference.
    i also tried a different suzuki interface module and still nothing.
    Also double and triple checked all connectors to make sure theyre plugged im firmly.
    All of this has been done with the ignition "ON"

I have attached images of all the connections, model numbers, and the software versions of each of the units.

If anybody can see anything thats incorrect or have any suggestions i would be extremely grateful. I have read so many different posts on this subject. And especially the ones from moonlighter have been a wealth of knowledge.

Ive even taken it to my local dealer and they recommended to throw a 4" SMIS gauge in the network which im not sure is necessary?

Sorry for such a long winded post, But id love to get this sorted as its been messing with my head and nobody over here seems to have any idea about it.

Cheers chris

20200528_121220.jpg20200528_121546.jpg20200528_121500.jpg

20200528_122529.jpg
    Attached Files

Throwing a SMIS gauge on is a ridiculous suggestion.

How can it possibly help if the Suzuki interface is not appearing on any device list?? Its nothing more than another NMEA2000 display device. So like all other displays you have, It would only display what data it can get off the network.

So tell me, is this GMI a new addition, or has it been on this boat for some time? Has it ever worked?

Is the whole network including the SDS adapter cable and the interface cable and network backbone and existing install, or is it something new? If its all an existing install, have you changed anything?

Comment

Hi moonlighter.

Yeah exactly what i figured with the smis gauge, Confirmed to me that the dealer has no idea.

The GMI, The adaptor cable and the interface all came with the motor. And yeah it has all been used on the previous boat and worked apparently.
      The nmea backbone is all new.

Its got me stuffed what could be wrong. Only other thing i can think is maybe the sds adapter cable is buggered somehow?

Cheers for your reply moonlighter, i was hoping you might see this post.

Regards chris

Comment

Ok all the components you mentioned seem correct. Correct interface software version. Tick.

Some basic things to check for you.

1. The ecu has 2 output plugs one is the SDS diagnostic plug, the other is the analogue harness connection. Presumably the previous owner would have had the SMIS to SDS adapter cable plugged into the SDS plug and thats where it needs to go back to. So find both plugs, they are the same size. Try each one.

2. yes check the adapter cable plugs for bent pins or broken wires. And check the interface plug that connects to it.

3. Very occasionally i hear of a adapter cable that is wired wrong. But if it worked before it should work now. But anyway this is how it should be wired, based on A series wiring

Engine wire ———- interface cable

Black=ground/0V ------>Black

Black/green stripe=+12V-------> Red

Orange with stripe = not used

Yellow=data-------> white

You can relocate pins or remove them to repair wiring by lifting the tiny tab from the pin end and gently pulling the wire out from the wire end. Push back in place until it clicks.

Comment

Hi mate.
          Ok cool that sounds good, I will double check all of those things in the morning.
          I will have another look for the other plug, I am assuming it should be close to the ECU and one im already plugged into?
          Same coloured wires aswell im guessing?

I think that is probably going to be the most likely issue by the sounds...

Again thank you for your help. Its really appreciated

Comment

Working...
          X