Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suzuki DF90A Model 2009-2010 Troll Mode

Hello to the Board,
    this is my first post here from Germany!
    I have a question regarding to the Suzuki Troll Mode. I have a Suzuki DF90A Model 2009-2010 (serial-#: 090035 - 010508) and I have already got a Troll Mode Switch. Can anybody let me know, how to connect it to my engine? I already tried everything, but it doesn't work. Is it necessary to buy the gauge with 2 scales (one for normal cruising and one for trolling speed), or doesn't it matter, if it's the original gauge with only one scale?
    Best Regards,
    Axel

From Suzuki-paper:

"Suzuki Troll Mode System (Optional)

The Suzuki Troll Mode System is optionally available on all three outboards. This system provides finer control over engine speed at low rpms keeping the boat moving at a steady speed while trolling. When the system is engaged, engine speed is controlled with an independent control switch that adjusts engine revs in 50rpm increments over a range that spans from idle to 1,200rpm. In addition to the controls switch, which can be mounted nearly anywhere on the console, the system includes a tachometer and is compatible with Suzuki's SMIS digital gauges or the dual scale analog gauges"

Comment

Thank's a lot for information!
      So I need a Suzuki's SMIS digital gauges or the dual scale analog gauges.
      Does anybody know, if it works only with NMEA2000, connected to a Garmin GPSMAP 820XS Plotter with digital gauges?

Comment

My buddy has a 140 and his works with the single scale stock tach. I have the same boat with a 115 and mine doesnt work as it should. It raises RPMs by 50 but it starts at 1200 and goes up from there.

Comment

My troll mode with single scale doesn't work. I will try with the nmea2000 Suzuki interface in combination with my Garmin plotter. If it doesn't work I think to buy the double scale analog gauge.

Comment

Let me know how you make out Spackus. Mine doesnt work right either. When you push it it jumps to 1200 and will go up 50 each time from there. I need it to go down to 650rpm.

Comment

Hi Wilbur1,
              I will let you know as soon as possible. Now I've just installed the NMEA2000 network, the Suzuki Interface and my Garmin GPSMAP 820XS. But I still have to do some other work, before I have time to check it out on the water.

Comment

Troll Mode

Do you need a troll mode tach? I recently had a df115a installed. The quote included a Troll Mode switch in it but now the dealer is telling me my engine isn't able to use troll mode. I called Suzuki and other dealers and they said any of the new DF115As could use Troll mode. I currently have brand new DF115A, Mechanical throttle, and a C10 gauge. Is it not compatibly with the C10 gauge maybe?

Comment

It only says it is recommended that you have a troll mode tach.

Possibly because at 1200 rpms on the standard tach it shows around 700 rpms on the troll scale.

I would think it should work with the C10 gauge, I remember there is an alarm setting to warn you when the motor is in troll mode. I have to go and scan my c10 to be sure where I found the setting.

Description:

Easy to read 4" Tachometer has a scale from 0-7,000 RPMs for standard use, and a secondary scale from 0-3,000 RPMs with markers at 50 RPM intervals for use with the Suzuki Troll Mode System*. Gauge also includes warning lamps for Engine Temperature, Low Oil, Check Engine and Over-Rev.

When in troll mode, Over-Rev lamp stays on to indicate that Troll mode has been engaged. The secondary RPM scale is designed to make setting and maintaining a lower troll speed simple.

Compatible DF40A/50A/50AV/60A/60AV/70A/90A/115A/140A/200AP/250SS (DF300 requires digital instrumentation).

*See engine owner's manual for information about Suzuki Troll Mode system. Not all models come equipped with trolling mode system.

Accessory Troll Mode Switch required for Suzuki Troll Mode System use. Suzuki recommends the use of this gauge for trolling use.
                  Henry

Comment

Ive had a few problems dealing with this guy already. I think I am going to just cut ties with the shop and lose the $70 part and get service elsewhere. Was driving from a good distance anyways and there is authorized dealer 1/4 the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Goingbig View Post
                      Ive had a few problems dealing with this guy already. I think I am going to just cut ties with the shop and lose the $70 part and get service elsewhere. Was driving from a good distance anyways and there is authorized dealer 1/4 the distance.
                      I've had my share of Dealer issues in my area. I'd call International Marine in FL. They have been very helpful to me. They will walk you through how to get it working.
                      Henry

Comment

Nanya if this is true what you said {It only says it is recommended that you have a troll mode tach.

Possibly because at 1200 rpms on the standard tach it shows around 700 rpms on the troll scale.} I guess mine must be working its just useless to me. I wanted it to go down to 650. I need to troll under 2.1 mph.

Comment

Brought it to a different dealer today and they couldn't of been more helpful. I explained my situation and they got me in for a quick 20 hour break in service and gave me a deal on a troll mode switch. I was able to install the troll mode in 20 minutes and it worked great on the lake... Talon Marine Services was the shop that helped. Great shop and will be doing all my services there.

Comment

Originally posted by Goingbig View Post
                            Brought it to a different dealer today and they couldn't of been more helpful. I explained my situation and they got me in for a quick 20 hour break in service and gave me a deal on a troll mode switch. I was able to install the troll mode in 20 minutes and it worked great on the lake... Talon Marine Services was the shop that helped. Great shop and will be doing all my services there.
                            How does the troll mode function with the C10 Gauge?

I'm assuming it shows an alarm when it's engaged and anytime you change rpm increments?
                            Henry

Comment

Originally posted by wilbur1 View Post
                              Nanya if this is true what you said {It only says it is recommended that you have a troll mode tach.

Possibly because at 1200 rpms on the standard tach it shows around 700 rpms on the troll scale.} I guess mine must be working its just useless to me. I wanted it to go down to 650. I need to troll under 2.1 mph.
                              Troll mode is suppost to work from idle up to 1200.

My motor idles around 700 rpms in gear around 2.1 -2.2 MPH
                              (Factory idle range is 700 + or - 50 rpms).

Unless your motor idles at 650, Troll mode will not start there.

I'm sure there is physical way to make to motor idle towards the lower range. I haven't tried or needed to yet.
                              However, sometimes that will open up a can of worms.
                              EX: - There is an air bleed screw on the throttlebody.
                              - I would not use the factory set throttle stop it will throw the TPS out and the butterfly may stick)
                              Henry

Comment

Working...
                              X