Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine Fuel Data C -10 Gauge

Question
    I have a Suzuki with the C-10 color display and a Simrad NSS Evo2. They will be connected via NMEA 2000. I know the Suzuki stores the fuel data being Fuel used,Level,real time economy. If the power is removed from the Suzuki constant power source you loose the fuel data stored in your motor or gauge correct?
    So if i get the Simrad fuel manager connected via nmea 200 it will store the fuel data on the Simrad for a backup correct with any conflicts?

So where is the fuel economy data stored on the Suzuki in the motor or on the C-10 gauge?

Originally posted by Egretboy View Post
    Question
    I have a Suzuki with the C-10 color display and a Simrad NSS Evo2. They will be connected via NMEA 2000. I know the Suzuki stores the fuel data being Fuel used,Level,real time economy. If the power is removed from the Suzuki constant power source you loose the fuel data stored in your motor or gauge correct?
    So if i get the Simrad fuel manager connected via nmea 200 it will store the fuel data on the Simrad for a backup correct with any conflicts?

So where is the fuel economy data stored on the Suzuki in the motor or on the C-10 gauge?
    No, you don't lose fuel data if power is turned off. The fuel data is stored in the Suzuki engine interface cable that connects the engine to the network - it has the memory module built into it.

DO NOT PUT THE FUEL MANAGER DEVICE ON YOUR NETWORK! If you do so it will cause massive conflicts as it will be replicating what the memory module in the Suzuki interface does.

The fuel manager device is not required on Suzuki networks for this reason. Other motors (Yamaha, Evinrude etc) do not have the memory module incorporated into their interface cables and it generally needs to be included in their networks, depending on what MFD they have in their networks.

Comment

Working...
    X