DF70TLX starts RPM surging around 3000 rpm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DF70TLX starts RPM surging around 3000 rpm

Hey guys new to the forum and I’m wondering if anyone has had any experiences with a 1999 DF70TLX not pushing past 3000rpms while under load in the water? Runs extremely smooth in low rpms and out of nowhere just refuses to go over 3000 rpms kind of reminds me of a rev limiter sound. My local mechanic has thrown everything at this motor such as both fuel pumps, vst, new filters, new Ecu, rectifier... basically in hopes to find a solution but has no real clue. Now after 8 months of work they say this sounds like the injectors need to be replaced.. please let me know if anyone had this problem and if so what they did to fix it.

Neutral throttle switch in the engine (on gear linkages) would have been one of the very first things to check. This is the switch that prevents the engine from being revved past 3000rpm in neutral.

If its broken the sgnal that should go to the ecu to tell it the engine is in gear is not sent, so the ecu then limits the revs to 3000rpm and, exactly as you describe, its the same as a race car that is hitting the pit lane limiter. Spark, advance and fuel is restricted. Engine misses and farts and runs baaaaad!

Cheap and easy to replace it.

If that turns out to be the problem, fire your mechanic and find one that understands modern efi 4 strokes!
    Last edited by Moonlighter; 06-17-2020, 06:47 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the reply I will deff. Try that switch and see if that does the trick!

Comment

Working...
      X