engine break in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• engine break in

new Suzuki df140 with 12 hrs on it,last time I went out the engine starterd smoking and shut down,also it had a spongey feel before it quit, I have followed all break in procedures, on alarms went off . Has anyone else had this problem. It is currently in the shop

Correction on last entry ,there were no alarms that went off

Comment

My engine smoked on me one time but it was was while attempting to start it. Turns out the something (I never ascertained what) caused the main engine wiring harness to melt. Replacement took 2 months, wasn't a common item for shops to have in stock and had to be sent from Asia.
      melted wiring harness 1.jpg
      melted wiring harness 2.jpg

Comment

Not really much point posting here when it is already in the shop.

Let them deal with it under warranty.

For what its worth, we rarely hear of such occurrences on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Moonlighter View Post

Let them deal with it under warranty.

For what its worth, we rarely hear of such occurrences on this forum.
          Agree with moonlighter; while the part took awhile, the service was well done, under warranty and I cannot complain at all with the engine - ran great for the 3 years before and has for the two years after. Sh*t happens.

Comment

Related to my last post ,dealer informed me that the cause was due to the low flow fuel pump was leaking fuel into the oil as a result cylinder failure, was told this is an issue with this engine. Will require reworking of existing powerhead or replacement of, and reworking of failed cylinder. Has anyone else heard of this problem.

Comment

On a 12 hour unit I would think Suzuki would just swap you a new outboard and sell that one as a reman. All that matters though is they fix it right.

Comment

Pretty rare to hear such a problem with a new engine, I cant remember another one like that being reported here.

Sounds like an assembly error. Human mistake. They can happen.

Comment

Working...
                X